CampingTours.net Santiago DR ?

choconutre

Apr 26, 2006
Hi!
I wanted to ask on this org. as well. Has anyone dealt with Camping Tours in Santiago RD/DR. If so, how was your experience & were their prices reasonable? www.campingtours.net is the website
Thanks in advance!

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Choconutre,
Welcome to DR1. One of our many helpful members will be reading your post and answering your question before to long so please be patient. I myself have no experience with the org you inquire about so I can't help you,sorry.

If you come up with any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

Rick

choconutre

Apr 26, 2006
Gregg, thanks for the response 2 quick questions the link you gave me comes up with an error & nothing comes up when I conduct a search for this org. What does IMHO mean?
Thanks

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
choconutre said:
Gregg, thanks for the response 2 quick questions the link you gave me comes up with an error & nothing comes up when I conduct a search for this org. What does IMHO mean?
Thanks
OK - worked earlier??

Click on search above and insert www.campingtours.net and then click on Go.

you will get the same result.

I - In
M - My
H - Humble
O - Opinion

Gregg

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Camping tours: was founded by a young Cuban and his wife (Oscar
Ca?izares and Olga Olavarrieta) Oscar was a young Jesuit philosophy student and Olga was one of our first students at the university. They met and BOOM!

A few years later they started Camping Tours. The organization provides educational tours around the DR, especially to those areas where us Cibae?os rarely go: The Deep South and the Far East. They also run trips to Pico Duarte.

Oscar worked with most of the better private schools and during the summer he (they) would offer real camping trips to different places--tents and so forth.

A year or so ago Oscar died in his sleep in Barahona while on a trip with students from Santiago. His funeral was a massive show of support for all of the ecological work as well as educational work that they were doing for so long.

The phone numbers are 809 583 3121 and the Fax is 809 581 5424

I will ring them in a few minutes and see what's happening. I know that they are still operating since one of my judo students went up to Pico Duarte last week and thoroughly enjoyed himself.

Later,

HB :D:D