Defending against Corrupt Enemies

ftsnow

Jan 8, 2006
I have been visiting the DR for the past 6 years now. I was originally introduced to the DR by a Dominican who I made friends with here in the US. After a couple of years of association with him, and his family It became necessary to begin to "quietly alienate" this family because of a number of unbridled behaviors. While I have done nothing to these people, the tendency to project one's faults on to another has happened in the minds of a few of these folk, and maybe a little jealousy too. I have been hearing threats of violence against me if I come to live in the DR. I am prepared to defend myself if someone decides they want to play, and most times barking dogs don't bite. They seem evil enough though so I was wondering if these people could pay corrupt police friends to come to my house and "discover" drugs on a set up, take me to jail, and have me killed inside? Or any variation of some type of coodernated attack to have me eliminated. Tigres in street I believe I can handle, but a concerted effort against me involving the authorities could be more than I could handle. Is this a realistic concern? Incidentally, I am not a gangster, player, drug affiliated, or anything. I have had no problems with the DR police, nor in the US.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
There is no perfect solution for this type of thing, but if these people have made any threats, you can make a querella (official complaint) that does not entail them being arrested, but serves them notice that the cops are aware of their threats, and should anything happen to you, they will be the first ones dragged in.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I recommend you do as Rocky has advised. Dominicans know very well what a querella is and what its implications are.

Guatiao

El Leon de los Cacicazgos
Mar 27, 2004
Hi Ftsnow,

Got a couple of questions.
The family are they currently in DR or US?
Do they know you will travel to DR?

If the answers are DR and no, I guess you would have nothing to worry about unless they have some sort of financial or political clout. If they are in the US I would report it to the police and get an order of protection, also the querella in DR.

BTW I never heard of a querella.........