Delta - JFK to STI

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Just checked (using www.kayak.com) and found Delta leaving in November, returning in December, including all taxes, non stop JFK to STI $375.90.

nancybelle

Feb 9, 2004
flight on Delta

That's terrific but I would like to suggest that you confirm your flight a day or so before. It has been years since I phoned airlines to confirm, but after what happened on Feb. 8 when I reported to the Delta desk at JFK for my morning flight, I now believe in resurrecting that ancient practice.

I was gently but firmly informed that my flight had been changed from February 8 to Feb. 11! No one had bothered to phone or e-mail me with this important little tidbit. I almost fainted but a very sympathetic agent arranged for me to take the final leg of my trek on an American flight leaving that night. I feared I would have to loiter around the airport for three days like that Tom Hanks character in "The Terminal." I hope you do not have any problems at all; your fare is wonderful! Have a great holiday!!
Nancy Bell

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Nancy, did you make your reservation with a travel agency??

I can do some research for you if you like.

nancybelle

Feb 9, 2004
Delta Flights

Thanks! No, I made the reservation myself. I live in Mexico near BJX (Guanajuato) and I was using frequent flyer miles instead of dinero for the trip I made to Santiago in February. I guess the change of plans without notification to me was a fluke--hope it doesn't happen to me or anyone else ever again!

Continental did reimburse me for the $148 that it cost to take the American flight from JFK to STI. I had no problems on my return flight to Mexico which involved only Continental and none of their partner airlines.

I appreciate your offer of help but I think all is well--just wanted to alert others that it doesn't hurt to verify travel plans nowadays before heading for the airport.

Saludos,
Nancy Bell

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Thanks for the feedback. I make my reservatons on line but usually far in advance and so I always call and many times flights have changed (not days though) and if I hadn't called I wouldn't have known.

I didn't make the reservations yet as I'd prefer using American as I have frequent flyer status and in case of problems that gives me (the illusion of) clout.

And maybe American will reinstate their non stop to POP. I'd prefer to fly there instead of Santiago.

Ro

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Drro said:
Thanks for the feedback. I make my reservatons on line but usually far in advance and so I always call and many times flights have changed (not days though) and if I hadn't called I wouldn't have known.

I didn't make the reservations yet as I'd prefer using American as I have frequent flyer status and in case of problems that gives me (the illusion of) clout.

And maybe American will reinstate their non stop to POP. I'd prefer to fly there instead of Santiago.

Ro

When we have a EQP change or Schedulle change all PNR (passenger Name Records) goes to a Q system and they pull the reservation for there and there is a special department that does all the call...even travel agencies get the information no matter what computer reservation system they had.