One for the BRITS

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
Hi to all fellow Brits,

The wife and I are coming back to Playa D. in just under 2 weeks. We will visit Sosua, Costambar and PP.

Quite simply - any brits that have moved to the DR require any home comforts?

I pick up from another site that Marmite is in demand? PG Tips, english digestives?

Let us know and ill bring some over.

Have a great day!

Dan & Jenni

Nikki Simon

Nov 10, 2002
Well, I'm not one to beg but there's not much I wouldn't do for a few bars of Cadburys Dairy Milk!!!!!

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
Well hi there Nikki & Simon,

Thats no problem. Ive seen your place before I think!

We are going to Eddies and Rockys so we can pop some Dairy Milk over to you.

Enjoy Paradise!

Dan

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
wishingiwasthere said:
Dan & Jenni

I'm not a Brit but I speak English real gud ;)

Could you bring Elizabeth Hurley?

Chester4

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 12, 2004
wishingiwasthere said:
Hi to all fellow Brits,

The wife and I are coming back to Playa D. in just under 2 weeks. We will visit Sosua, Costambar and PP.

I pick up from another site that Marmite is in demand? PG Tips, english digestives?

Have a great day!

Dan & Jenni

Hi Dan & Jenni

This is so kind of you both .... could you bring some chocolates for my kids... Flakes and some Cadbury's chocolates, Chocolate fingers... We live in Sosua and would be happy to meet up with you.
Thanks.... Sylvia

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
Hi Chester4

No problem! Ill bring a big bag of goodies over. Its all about Cadbury's!
Now your making me hungry for Chocolate fingers - i havnt had them in years!
Are you sure they are for your kids? ;)

I think we will go to Eddies and let all ex brits meet us there??

Will e mail you as well as Nikki when we get there.

Enjoy paradise - less than 2 weeks for the big chocolate countdown!

Dan & Jenni
Its cold and wet in the uk today.....

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
wishingiwasthere said:

Dan & Jenni
Ahhhh, the memories of cool British summers ...............!! Poor us suffering from cear blue skies, hot sun with only a mild 8 mph southerly wind trying to combat an 84 F temperature!!!

Don't forget the Branston Pickle, HP sauce &/or decently strpng tea bags Dan & Jenni. Make it a full case load & you could almost PAY for your holiday!!!
Just a quick tip - if you are bringing Marmite or siilar packaged items (HEAVY glass containers) decant them first into plastic containers. People here don't mind WHAT containers they come in, just as long as the contents are original!!!

So that we 'BRIT's' can place your rainly plight, what part of the UK are you writing from?? ~ Grahame.

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
BushBaby said:
Ahhhh, the memories of cool British summers ...............!! Poor us suffering from cear blue skies, hot sun with only a mild 8 mph southerly wind trying to combat an 84 F temperature!!!

so that we 'BRIT's' can place your rainly plight, what part of the UK are you writing from?? ~ Grahame.

Ahhh poor you :laugh: :laugh: Must be bad all that sunshine ( oooopppppss - cant mention that name ;) ) clear skies and an 84 F heat.

Ill bring as much as we can carry - we have extra baggage so its just fitting it in the case.

I had no intention of chargeing people for it - its only a couple of quid, so far........ any more and 1 presidente per two items!!!! Eddies going to have a busy afternoon!

I am origionally from Watford ( "Nof" London ) but now working in Ipswich - i run a nightclub here - however today i wish i ran Crazy Moons! Every time we are in Playa D i have a few to drink - take the lady to Crazy Moons - just us, 4 other customers in there and a couple of Skankiettes - and babble on about how i could make that place bizzy once again for all the tourists.
I could really do it - its just having the "balls" to up sticks and get on with it!

So today - its been overcast, cold, slightly windy and wet in the east of england.

Is there anything that you require??

10 days and counting...............

Dan & Jenni

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I'm too far to the south to benefit from your generosity, but I'd like to thank you on behalf of the north coasters. If you ever decide to holiday on the south coast, spare a thought for us.

Chiri, who has sufficient stocks of Marmite to survive for the forseeable, thanks to my dear friend something_of_the_night who doubles as purveyor of fine Belgian chocolates. We may be a bunch of commies, but we have expensive tastes!:cheeky:

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Watford? WATFORD?? I can almost hear Old Wogan saying that on the morning show (almost as bad as Reading - READING!!). Then you will know Chalfont St. Peter (She who must be Obeyed country) & Bourne End (The Bucks one) where I came from!

Nahhh, I'm fine on most things Thanks - 4 months supply of HP sauce left, 3 months supply of Marmite & about 6 months of Yorksire STRONG tea bags as supplied by a kind tourist 18 months ago!! I might however, ask you to take any mail (envelopes & unsealed so you can check them first) that might be urgent - nothing planned at te moment but just thinking forward a bit ....... IN CASE!!

Which hotel are you staying in? Jack Tar, Paradise or Puerto Plata Village?? If you are a golfer we might entice you to a round during your stay, but you sound too sane to be a golfer!! ~ Grahame.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Chirimoya said:
I'm too far to the south to benefit from your generosity, but I'd like to thank you on behalf of the north coasters. If you ever decide to holiday on the south coast, spare a thought for us.
I could alwways HOLD it for you Chiri!!! (The imported goods from UK I mean!!) That would mean that Pedro & yourself would then HAVE to make a visit up here to see us!! ~ Grahame. :pirate: :bunny:

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
BushBaby said:
Watford? WATFORD?? I can almost hear Old Wogan saying that on the morning show (almost as bad as Reading - READING!!). Then you will know Chalfont St. Peter (She who must be Obeyed country) & Bourne End (The Bucks one) where I came from!

Which hotel are you staying in? Jack Tar, Paradise or Puerto Plata Village?? If you are a golfer we might entice you to a round during your stay, but you sound too sane to be a golfer!! ~ Grahame.

I know Chalfont St Peter and Little Chalfont very well, its known for the famous weatherman MR M Fish and that one from Oasis. I do believe Ozzy Ozbourne now lives there as well. That would make the local more lively on a Friday night!

I used to live next door to the famous Barbra Woodhouse - its actually Rickmansworth, but people genrally know Watford more!

We are staying in Gran Flamenco - we like it - ticks all the box's for us - starting to get more adventerous in getting out and about a little more - hopfefully move out to Sosua one day!

Well - if you think of anything in the next two weeks please let us know.

Dan

Chester4

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 12, 2004
wishingiwasthere said:
Hi Chester4

No problem! Ill bring a big bag of goodies over. Its all about Cadbury's!
Now your making me hungry for Chocolate fingers - i havnt had them in years!
Are you sure they are for your kids? ;)

I think we will go to Eddies and let all ex brits meet us there??

Will e mail you as well as Nikki when we get there.

Dan & Jenni

Hello Dan & Jenni

Thanks so much .... these chocs are really for my children.. :squareeye

Just let us know when you will be at Eddies and I'll bring my kids to meet you.. look forward to meeting you.

Regards.. Sylvia, Jasmin & Jordan (Chester4)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
BushBaby said:
I could alwways HOLD it for you Chiri!!! (The imported goods from UK I mean!!) That would mean that Pedro & yourself would then HAVE to make a visit up here to see us!! ~ Grahame. :pirate: :bunny:

Thanks for the kind offer, Grahame, but we have no plans to visit the Puerto Plata area for the foreseeable. If pressed, I'd ask for a jar of Indian lime pickle (mild*), but it would make a terrible mess if it happened to leak...

*out of consideration for Dominican guests who can't take their food 'picante'

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
So far the list comprises of :

Chocolate Fingers
Cadburys Flakes
Cadburys dairy milk
Cadburys selection
Penguin biscuits
PG Tips
Marmite
Indian Lime Pickle ( to be held by Bushbaby )

Please let me know if you require any more!

Kind regards,

Dan

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
What airport are you travelling from?

At Gatwick they have buy one get one free on 1kg bars of Cadbury's ;)

Chester4

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 12, 2004
wishingiwasthere said:
Hi to all fellow Brits,

Have a great day!

Dan & Jenni

Hi Dan & Jenni

Can I add to your list if you can bring Debby from Debbys Pantry in Sosua some Yorkshire Tea Bags please.

I sent you a private message in case you did'nt see this one !

Thanks .. Sylvia (Chester4)

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
Ive never seen or heard or Yorkshire Tea Bags - but will look for them for you. WIll PG Tipps do if i cant find them?

Dan

Ill be there in less than a WEEK!!!!

crazydaisy

May 23, 2005
Yorkshire tea

Yorkshire tea is fab - heaps better than PG lol. It has 2 varieties original and for hard water. I use hard water one as i live in the fens lol. You can find them in every tesco in the land.

You are very kind to offer to bring items over. Maybe we could set up a database for frequent visitors to bring items over. I having 24 bottles each of Aussie hair shampoo and conditioner sent over when i move - shallow i know but hey a girl needs her stuff. Having it shipped over by an excess baggage company with the rest of household items like sheets and towels.

Look forward to seeing you in Eddy's on 17th.

C

wishingiwasthere said:
Ive never seen or heard or Yorkshire Tea Bags - but will look for them for you. WIll PG Tipps do if i cant find them?

Dan

Ill be there in less than a WEEK!!!!