Businesses/Govt offices open on Election day?

Cindyee

Oct 7, 2004
Hey guys,

I will be arriving in Santo Domingo this Sunday. I was wondering if anyone can tell me anything regarding the opening hours of businesses/government offices on and around the day of the election, May 16th?

I need to get my birth certificate, legalise it at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and then submit it to the Dutch Consulate for legalization also.

I will be in SD for about 3 weeks and i'm pretty sure it's enough time to get all that done in that time span.

But i'm still curious as to whether i can get anything done the first week that i am there, with the elections and all, i'm not sure if ppl will be working much around that time.

Thanks for your help. :squareeye

*Cindy*

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Most government offices should be open again serving the public on the 17 May, the day after the election. But not sure you will be able to get a birth certificate on the 17th, as a voting station could have been set up where you would get the birth certificate. But worth a try. If you have three weeks you have ample amount of time. Figure a day to get your birth certificate and then another to get it through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Have no idea what the Dutch consulate will take.