Allergist? North Coast?

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
Has anyone had any positive & successful experiences with any allergist on the North Coast of the DR or in Santiago?
* I'd appreciate a brief explanation of your experiences, when they occured, & the name, address, etc. of the specific allergist. Suggestions? Reccomendations? All welcomed. Thank you.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
gringosabroso said:
Has anyone had any positive & successful experiences with any allergist on the North Coast of the DR or in Santiago?
* I'd appreciate a brief explanation of your experiences, when they occured, & the name, address, etc. of the specific allergist. Suggestions? Reccomendations? All welcomed. Thank you.

May I ask, what allergic symptoms are you suffering from?

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
Response to Q byMirador re: my symptoms

Some AMs, perhaps most, after I get up & @ 6:30 - 7:00 AM on, my eyes water almost uncontrolably, my nose gets congested, I sneeze - nearly violently, & I feel weak. This varies during the day; not all day nor every day, but frequently. It's worst in the AM. I live in the Cofresi area of POP; not much dust @ here, esp. compared to the main roads in la Ciudad de POP. Pollen, etc.? I don't know. I have no A/C in my house; when I use the SUV w A/C, the symptoms go away.
* I checked with my American [Mass.] MD; he told me that allergies are extremely local; to deal with my allergies effectively, assuming that I have allergies, I had to go to a DR MD.
* Medications: I'm trying Claritan; it seems to work OK; except that at times, I get sleepy.
* My situation isn't serious; more persistently annoying than life threatening. But, . . . . . it seems to be getting worse.
Thank you for asking. Reccomendation? Suggestions?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Last edited:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
We live in Sosua but our alergist is in Santo Domingo. Dr. Antonio J. Castillo. He practiced in Florida for many years and is now here. His office is in Centro Medico Abel Gonzalez on Abraham Lincoln and his phone is 809-541-1991

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Many people who stop the intake of dairy see a relief in allergies. Building up your inmune system helps a lot. Lots of Vitamin C(Ascorbic Acid) is very important supplements. Nasal irrigating works well also. You wash out your nasal passages with a saline solution. and doing a total detox and following a healthy diet after that is also very helpful.good luck.