Football World Cup ENGLAND vs. Paraguay

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Anybody interterested in seeing the game in Santo Domingo? We usually see the game at the Champions bar at the Jaragua Hotel. The first game is next Saturday 9.00 AM England vs. Paraguay. Paraguayos are going to get a beating.. Hopefully see all you Englanders there.
http://www.fifa.com/en/index.html

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Are you 100% sure they are showing the game?

If so, I may cancel my trip North.

Last edited:

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Robert said:
Are you 100% sure they are showing the game?

If so, I may cancel my trip North.
NAW, all the Brits will be at Eddy's. Come on up north. Besides, my beer is colder. LOL

El Diego

Apr 24, 2006
Drake said:
Anybody interterested in seeing the game in Santo Domingo? We usually see the game at the Champions bar at the Jaragua Hotel. The first game is next Saturday 9.00 AM England vs. Paraguay. Paraguayos are going to get a beating.. Hopefully see all you Englanders there.
http://www.fifa.com/en/index.html

or the englishmen might get surprised and end up losing or with a tie score.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Does anyone think Costa Rica has a chance with Germany? You never know we might be surprised?
Paraguay and England should be a close call, two strong teams. then comes Poland and Ecuador.
I'm rooting for all the american teams.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
M.A.R. said:
Does anyone think Costa Rica has a chance with Germany? You never know we might be surprised?
Paraguay and England should be a close call, two strong teams. then comes Poland and Ecuador.
I'm rooting for all the american teams.
The American's have a very good team. It will be interesting to watch. Of course I'm rooting for the Brits as there are a lot more English than Americans in Sosua. Especially from a business perspective, I hope that Germany and England to right to the final.

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
M.A.R. said:
Does anyone think Costa Rica has a chance with Germany? .
No, no chance, although I'll definitely support them that match.
Paraguay and England should be a close call, two strong teams.
No contest, England should win that one easily. I think the English finally have a really good team, and a relatively easy group phase; they should go a long way.

then comes Poland and Ecuador.
That could be close.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
qgrande said:
No contest, England should win that one easily. I think the English finally have a really good team, and a relatively easy group phase; they should go a long way.

The kiss of death!

No news on the Jaragua, you might see me Saturday at 9am Eddy.

I'll be brining my "Millwall Bricks" and "ICF" membership cards with me.
Let's see who get's that line :)

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Eddy said:
The American's have a very good team. It will be interesting to watch. Of course I'm rooting for the Brits as there are a lot more English than Americans in Sosua. Especially from a business perspective, I hope that Germany and England to right to the final.

No I meant the teams from the American Continent. Love the Brazilian players, is a delight to watch them in action. I'm still not a great supported of the team from the US, the US is a good at everything else, so is not as much fun to see them play soccer.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Since the World Cup hasn't started yet, I have no way of predicting who will win...but a sure bet is it will be a team from Europe...Germany maybe?

My son and ex-husband are in London right now, and will be arriving in Germany in a couple of days...

Maybe I'll post some pics of the action around the host cities in Germany that my son is taking while in Europe for this whole month...

Would that be ok, Robert?

MQ

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
Robert said:
I'll be brining my "Millwall Bricks" and "ICF" membership cards with me.
Let's see who get's that line :)
Uhm, not really, besides that Millwall is the club with the lousiest players and toughest hooligans. You're going to behave yourself?

El Diego

Apr 24, 2006
England "won" 1- 0 vs Paraguay by luck after Beckamp's direct kick
headed into net by Paraguay's player. Paraguay played good enough to get a tie but thinks like this happen in soccer.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
El Diego said:
England "won" 1- 0 vs Paraguay by luck after Beckamp's direct kick
headed into net by Paraguay's player. Paraguay played good enough to get a tie but thinks like this happen in soccer.
Acually England played a pretty "crappy" game. Let's hope they get their act together for Thursday. The one that will be interesting is against Sweden. I don't think they ever won a game against them.

El Diego

Apr 24, 2006
Eddy said:
Acually England played a pretty "crappy" game. Let's hope they get their act together for Thursday. The one that will be interesting is against Sweden. I don't think they ever won a game against them.

sweden tends to be a good team; surprisingly trinidad&tobago came out with a tie (trinidad played well).

rayleeds

May 16, 2005
Leeds, United Kingdom
I predict an easy win for England on Thursday and then the game against Sweden does not matter. Trinidad and Tabago have had there moment of glory and now we will not take them lightly.

Come on ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
rayleeds said:
I predict an easy win for England on Thursday and then the game against Sweden does not matter. Trinidad and Tabago have had there moment of glory and now we will not take them lightly.

Come on ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We'll see Thursday. Got some great music from Englands World Cup 2006 Album and will be playing after the game to celebrate England's victory (I hope) If you're in Sosua stop by.