Canada post to DR

gleeben

Jun 7, 2006
if(I am posting in the wrong section) then

Excuse me

Elseif

HI,

I would like to know if there are any canadians out there, woud be better if they are from Nova Scotia, who have sent packages through Canada Post to Dominican Republic, or who can simply tell me where or what instituution delivers packages sent through Canada Post Corporation In Dominican REpublic. Thanks

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
From Dartmouth, NS.

Don't waste your time. If the package contains anything leaving Canada it is doubtful that it will arrive unpilfered - if at all.

If it is worth sending it is worth the cost of UPS, FedEx or DHL; otherwise don't bother. Some have fair luck with letters, bills and postcards but even these are a crapshoot as to whether they will make it. A parcel which undoubtedly contains something of value - doesn't stand a chance, IMHO.

Welcome to DR1.

Gregg

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I have sent several parcels to the DR through Canada Post and some have arrived and others haven't. I do know that Canada Post WILL NOT insure parcels to the DR. My mother sent a christmas parcel several years ago, 1999 and it arrived in 3 weeks, but because of the unreliable service I now send everything Fedex. More expensive, but it gets there in 3 days every time.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I agree with Gregg. No problem in Canada, but when it gets here that is the crap shoot. This is why expat uses of the the various courier services to get parcels from the US and Canada.

joecanada

Jan 15, 2004
Expats in the know tend to use courier services, as Ken said. I use EPS, which gives me both a PO box and a physical address (for packages) in the US. It gets delivered to Miami, sorted, sent to the office here in town, and I go pick it up.

Costs money, but I get my mail.

If you're sending to someone who lives here, ask him why he doesn't yet use this service. Otherwise, FedEx is the only way to go.

Cheers!

joe

gleeben

Jun 7, 2006
Thanks to everyone for your replies, I am glad so many nice people are interested in such a beautiful country as Dominican REpublic, and you know E' pa' lante que vamo'.

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
i have sent 3 packages to the POP from Ontario using canada post.
they had some dvds and little stuff in them
canada post said it would take 14 business days but it was about 4-6 weeks for them to arrive.
i took a chance by sending them airmail no insurance but figured it really wasn't worth it to pay the big $$$ for a few cheap dvd's.
it cost me $13.00 to send the small packages.
i can't say that i would trust anything really valuable going that route but I had no problems sending the packages and they arrived intact and unopened.

Sangria :)

canbon

Apr 28, 2006
I have sent about 10 packages from Atlantic Canada through Canada Post in the last couple of months. Of the 10, 8 arrived within 7-10 days (just regular airmail). One that I sent on May 10 has not arrived in Puerto Plata yet but all others have. Most packages have been gifts like candy, perfume, and a few of them just paper--magazines.