A Question about Motivation

hombrenegro

Apr 21, 2006
For the guys who have immigrated to the DR. How many of you came primarily for the women and for those that did is that still the focal point of your life there?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
That's a new one. Never even considered that there might be people relocating primarily for the women, unless, possibly, they were making the move with a woman from here.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
hombrenegro said:
For the guys who have immigrated to the DR. How many of you came primarily for the women and for those that did is that still the focal point of your life there?
27 came for the women, and the rest of us, did not, but we all like women, and are glad that they exist.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
some relocate here to run away from their women back home.
AZB

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Why I'm here

I came for the ocean but when I saw the women I was enthralled. Dominican women are the most gorgeous creatures on earth. The oceans, mountains, climate, concrete houses and open friendly people are icing on the cake. Moving to Sosua with all the other Canadians and Americans, ha!!!!.

hombrenegro

Apr 21, 2006
I got beaches, mountains, and beautiful scenery here where I live. What I don't have are attractive young women that are willing to give consideration to my advances. Here's something that happened to me recently. I was out at a friend's party. Met a beautiful early thirties woman there. Conversation was flowing we were having a great time dancing and talking. About 30 minutes into this she looked at me and asked "how old are you?". I haven't gotten comfortable lying about my age so a share the truth "fifty one". The enthusiasm went out of her like a punctured balloon. Now here's a woman that obviously was attracted to be physically yet upon hearing my age decided I was not her type. If that's what I have to look forward to in six years when I hopefully retiree then I will seriously consider relocating to the DR primarily for "the women" though a slower pace of life would also be a determining factor.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
It might be a good idea to draw up a plus & minus sheet, listing everything you can think of, in the appropriate columns.
Successfully relocating, has a lot to do with attitude.
If you only have one thing in your plus column, and it doesn't work out, you may find yourself running back home, whereas if the list is long, then you have a better chance of it working out.
My plus list was huge, next to the minus, so it made it a lot easier, when I ran into a few speedbumps.

hombrenegro

Apr 21, 2006
Thanks for the suggestion. My plan is to take a six month leave of absence and spend that time on the island. When the six months are up I will thoroughly evaluate my experience do the plus and minus list then decide whether to retire and relocate, retire and spend a great deal of time there, or to work another few years.