Brazil

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Anybody knows if there is a similar, excellent site like DR1 for Brazil? And what is the cheapest way to g to northern brazil i.e. fortaleza, Natal?

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Brasil Travel

You have to return to Miami and take TAM to either Rio, Sao Paulo or the service several times a week to Manaus, then take a quick hop to Natal or Fortaleza. Cheapest way is Miami to Sao Paulo and back up, but a lonnnng trip.
Hope this helps.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Brasil Travel

One more thing....GOL also offers cheap fares out of GRU (Sao Paulo) to Natal and Fortaleza.
Don't know of any Brasil sites like DR1, but perhaps Robert can take note. Its a big country with lots of ex-pats and many nationalities....opportunities abound.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
tflea said:
One more thing....GOL also offers cheap fares out of GRU (Sao Paulo) to Natal and Fortaleza.
Don't know of any Brasil sites like DR1, but perhaps Robert can take note. Its a big country with lots of ex-pats and many nationalities....opportunities abound.

:) Yes, the planet is a big place!

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Brasil

You can go through PTY on Copa but they stop again in Lima I think....and pax arriving from Peru into Brazil have to have an immunization card 'officialized' against yellow fever.....stupid I know....but that's the last I heard and it wasn't that long ago.....9 months. ck with copa, they should be able to tell you.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Brasil Travel

Yes they do, but only to Sao Paulo. Who wants to go to Sao Paulo?
It's Manhattan X 10.
Did you know?
To drive across the whole breadth of Sao Paulo can take 8 hours?
To fly over it in a helicopter (done) can take an hour and a half?
It is like the 3rd most populous city in the world? behind Tokyo and Mex City?
Crime rate is more than twice Miami or Chicago or NY?
There are beautiful places, restaurants.....very chic, very cosmopolitan.....
but all comes with a price. I'll take Rio any day.....or better yet...Niteroi across the bay. Or better yet, the neighborhood area of Urca, in Rio. Cidade maravilhosa!