Presidente Beer

latina16

Mar 1, 2006
Ok so in august I'm going to the D.r. for 2 weeks but theres no way I getting away w/ bringing beer over since I'm going w/ a school group of ppl and they won't allow it... I obviously wont find it here in Toronto. I going to New York/jersey in september. I was kinda hoping that maybe I could get it there since the have tons of dominican run the last time I went. Am I asking too much... Is there anywhere that I could find presidente beer in Nyc?
presidente.jpg

Presidente01.jpg

PresidenteLight.jpg

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Any Bodega in NYC has Presidente, most larger grocery stores have it as well.
I even saw it on sale at Stop and Shop last weekend for 7.99/six-pack.

Cheers

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Just like tamborista said - you will find it in any bodega.

Just don't be disapointed when you take your first sip. Doesn't taste like the ones in the DR at all.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
if you chill the NYC presidente to almost freezing themperature then its impossible to tell dom presidente from NYC presidente.
We have had a blind taste test and no one was able to tell which was american bought or dominican bought presidente.
AZB

El Tigre

Jan 23, 2003
AZB said:
if you chill the NYC presidente to almost freezing themperature then its impossible to tell dom presidente from NYC presidente.
We have had a blind taste test and no one was able to tell which was american bought or dominican bought presidente.
AZB

You should give me that test. I would be able to tell.

I'm going to do this test just to see hehehhe

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
What!

latina16 said:
that great I'm definetly gonna try that...
Are you 16?. If you are, you are underage to be drinking ANY type of beers.

If you were born in 1916, drink all you want but a US Presidente doe NOT taste the same as a Dominican Presidente beer.

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
latina16,I don't know about NYC, but some grocery stores in New Jersey had Presidente on sale not to long ago.

I noticed the picture of Presidente Light, would I be able to find that in Sosua?

El Tigre

Jan 23, 2003
Yes - they have that in Sosua. But to be honest with you - I don't notice the difference between the two.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
tarrantino said:
... but some grocery stores in New Jersey had Presidente on sale not to long ago.
You must mean liquor stores, grocery stores are not allowed to sell beer in NJ.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Gracias!

rellosk said:
I'm challenging you to take the test at El Tigre's.
No thanks.

Besides, I prefer the "girlie" Presidente, Presidente Light. In my opinion, it does not leave that "bajo a boca" (bad after-taste) like the regular Presidente.

But, para el gusto se hicieron los colores.

Crap, this is my 3,000 post.

For the love of God, I truly need a fricking life, darn it!!.

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
Presidente Ice cold

There is no way they are the same..I just tried that test in April..Brought back a Grande and bought a Grande here in central NJ...Was curious as to that answer myself...They send over the different stuff...Less alcohol, darker color,different taste altogether...Both were chilled to an almost frozen state with slight ice forming inside the bottle...Both tested by myself and another Presidente drinker..The answer is NO...NOT THE SAME.....................

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
rellosk said:
You must mean liquor stores, grocery stores are not allowed to sell beer in NJ.

No I meant grocery store. There was an on line flyer that I was checking and it advertised Presidente Beer.

I don't live in NJ, but have family there and I can't remember if I saw beer in the grocery stores there, but in New State all of the grocey stores sell beer, but this particular chain did in fact advertise the beer.

latina16

Mar 1, 2006
miguel said:
Are you 16?. If you are, you are underage to be drinking ANY type of beers.

If you were born in 1916, drink all you want but a US Presidente doe NOT taste the same as a Dominican Presidente beer.

no I'm not 16 its just my favourite number.... In the d.r.s culture you see kids having sips of beer younger than:cheeky: :squareeye 15....