Bringing in alcohol from the US

tyavaw

Jun 28, 2006
Hi,
Does anyone know if it's ok to bring alcohol in my suitcase from the USA? Thanks,

Tyava

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
tyavaw said:
Hi,
Does anyone know if it's ok to bring alcohol in my suitcase from the USA? Thanks,

Tyava

No problem. I usually buy liquor from the Duty Free shop at the airport. I believe the limit is 4 1-litre bottles.

tyavaw

Jun 28, 2006
bigbird said:
No problem. I usually buy liquor from the Duty Free shop at the airport. I believe the limit is 4 1-litre bottles.

Great, thanks so much!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The limit to bring alcohol into the D.R. is all you can carry. I fill up a carry on in Panama Duty Free and a few bags to boot. No problem.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
SKY said:
The limit to bring alcohol into the D.R. is all you can carry.

You may be correct. I am probably thinking the limit you can bring back into the U.S.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
I've never heard of a limit going in. Have heard it coming back.

Last trip I made to the DR I brought Chivas, Remy, Grey Goose and Jack. All the ingridients for a good party!

skyblue

Mar 20, 2006
you can bring in as much as you want as long as you don't **** off the guys checking your bags. the limit going out is 7 bottles per person, but it has never been enforced. if you are asked how many bottles you have say 6 - most of them won't count. if they do count pretend you didn't know how to count. i've brought as many as two dozen small brugal bottles wrapped in my jeans and clothes. never a problem.