Cabanas in Sosua??

Status
Not open for further replies.

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
This may seem like a stupid question, but nonetheless a sincere 1.
* Are there any cabanas in Sosua. I live in Puerto Plata; I enjoy studying local culture, esp. sexual mores.
* In Puerto Plata, there are 5 - 7 - 9 cabanas, all on the Circumvalacion Sur, the main east west road. There may be more not visible from the main highway. * But Sosua? Each time I visit Sosua I look & search carefully. I notice plenty of bars, plenty of restaruants, & plenty of "ladies of the evening"; whom I don not pass judgment upon nor condemn.
* But, . . cabanas? None visible. To me, at least. Where? Why not? Can someone with better vision & superior cultural insights enlighten me? Thank you.

amanacer

Dec 29, 2005
maybe that is because ladies of the night cater to tourist mainly who stay in guest friendly hotels?
maybe Dominicans in Sosua are too poor or go to Puerto Plata's cabanas... couldn't be that they are faithfull, could it?
I have heard about hourly paid hotel in Charamicos years ago, didn't have a good reputation...

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The closest one to Sosua is on the way to Monte Lamo on the left just before the bridge, across from a Car Wash.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
SKY said:
The closest one to Sosua is on the way to Monte Lamo on the left just before the bridge, across from a Car Wash.
That's actually in Cangrejo, and it's the most beat up undermaintained Cabana on the North coast.
The only decent one within driving distance, is East of Cabarete, before reaching Sabaneta, approx. a 15 minute drive from Sosua.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Take care

These cabanas are filthy and dangerous. You just might "pick up" more then what you walked in with. :)

The one Rocky is talking about (east of Cabarete) is used by Domincan buddies of mine and they say it is clean and safe but NOT fancy in any way. It serves it's purpose!

Last edited:

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
if you ever hang out at sosualife, clasico or merengue bar all the girls know where "cheap" hotels are. after all, the gringos at the AI's need somewhere to go with their lady friends. i even heard they are "pay by the hour" complete with 2 towels and 2 pante's.....

skyblue

Mar 20, 2006
lol, my dislexia really got me today. i thought the title said "are there any CUBANS in Sosua" ha ha ha. sorry, had to share that! carry on with the love motels. hope you found what you were looking for :eek:)

Status
Not open for further replies.