dominican food

jenfau

Jul 8, 2006
Has anyone tried the local foods and I don't mean the Macdonalds.Ive had the luck to try many different foods some not so good and others awesome.If u r looking for the best pizza try San Jorge right in puerto plata about ten mins from Playa Dorada on the main road.AWesome.Word to the wise do not try Moodungo a really nice word but don't go there the word almost speaks for itself.They have a passion for fried chicken feet their chicken is good but just can't do the feet.If u need to grocery shop try San Luis also on the main strip has good slection of food and house ware items.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Order Number 69

jenfau said:
Has anyone tried the local foods and I don't mean the Macdonalds.Ive had the luck to try many different foods some not so good and others awesome.....

As this in "Mars + Venus" I'm wondering, whether I need to decipher this, it being some cryptic sankie menu... :laugh:

m'frog

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Not the first time ;)

Jen welcome,
we have many forums on DR1 and I don't mind moving you to other forums but thought you should know there's a lot more than mars/venus/sankie forums ;)

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
I guess his message is for the women out there " the way to a man's heart is through the stomach" LOL

Boletero

Jun 16, 2006
You didnt like Mondongo? i love it, then again the only women who know how to make that are my mom and my grandma, or any other woman in the family, who got taught by my grandma.

Jan 5, 2006
Boletero said:
You didnt like Mondongo? i love it, then again the only women who know how to make that are my mom and my grandma, or any other woman in the family, who got taught by my grandma.
I agree! For me, mondongo is an eat at home dish only. ;)

Boletero

Jun 16, 2006
im hungry now.... Mondongo con aguacate i arros blanco......

im going to the store and tia claras website, hope she got the recipe

rainbow123

Jul 28, 2006
I've tried some of the locals foods as presented by an AI hotel. Does that count? Would they taste anything like the authentic recipe or do they dumb it down for the tourists?
Mofongo I had, thought it sounded nice cos I love plantains and pork cracklin but no me gusta :(
And they sweeten all their fruit juice, what's with that?
The dominican flag, beans rice and chicken was really tasty. I could eat it every day! I've heard of Sancocho but not tried it yet, maybe one day...