Thinking about moving

Batman4eva

Jul 16, 2006
Me and my parents are thinking about moving to la capital. My dad gets over $2500 USD pension plus we also have 150K USD cash. What can we do? We are thinking about renting. For the record we are Dominicans not Europeans so we are very fluent in Spanish. What would be our expected cashflow if we purchase a business for about 100K? What areas can we move to with about 500-1200 in rent at least 3 bedrooms and spacious :-\. Thanks for your input.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
You can't begin to even look at cash flow issues until you look at all your choices of businesses to purchase or create. Each one will have it's own cash flow potential! SOme of course will be better then others.

As to where to live - you have many many options and it will depend on all the other things you want and need besides 3 bedrooms and price.
Tell us more first.

Batman4eva

Jul 16, 2006
I hope I can live in a nice neighborhood paying about 1k in rent considering that the average dominican earns about $315 a month.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Unfortunately, the average Dominican

doesn't live in a "nice neighborhood!";)

I'm not familiar enough with Santo Domingo to recommend specific neighborhoods, but I think I can safely say that you can find something pretty decent in that price range. With the pension you mentioned and the additional income from the cash, conservatively invested. There wouldn't necessarily be any rush to get into business. You could take your time and get the lay of the land first hand.

Is there any particular reason for wanting to locate in the Capitol? It certainly isn't the cheapest place to live, and I believe you mentioned something in your other thread about not liking the heat, which would make a location in the mountains such as Jarabacoa or Constanza more attractive.

Batman4eva

Jul 16, 2006
I lived there on and off, yeah I have relatives there. But I may think twice before moving. I'm pondering my options. Thanks for all your replies.

MauricioFab32

Jun 10, 2004
did you move yet? email me maybe i can help...mauriciofab32@hotmail.com please put dr1 response in the subject.