El Tigres' party...

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
To me it seemed like a very good gathering. As my friend and I were going up on the #2 train it seemed like there was a dark black cloud hovering over El Tigres' house, anouncing rain. But it held off for a while, and El Tigre purchased a tarp to cover the outdoor section of his backyard so the rain that did fall did not spoil the fun.

The food was great(El Tigre is quite the grillmaster) and the company was excellent. I came with one of my dominican friends from the city and everyone got along great. The time flew by too quickly and we had to leave but it was definitely worth it. I enjoyed myself immensely.

Anna C. called and I told El Tigre to tell her "Hey, Berzin wants you to stop deleting his F#$%ing posts!!" which I thought was hilarious!!

A great time. Thanks a million to El Tigere for opening your home to us.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Thanks El Tigre, the steaks were deliciously tender and the rice with gandules great! Dancing, drinking, eating and good company I enjoyed myself. The rain turned out to be a form of entertainment for all of us and helped break the ice. "La lluvia no dane mi fiesta" by Fernandito Villalona.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
*sigh* well here in jersey city...i was doing some errands and going to the path station when a torrential downpour ensued....and i had to retreat back to my humble flat.

Sorry i missed you guyz!! :-(

May 12, 2005
Big thanks to El Tigre for hosting the get together. The food and company were excellent. It was really nice meeting everyone who went. Looking forward to the next gathering.

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
I've seen pictures of El tigre.....

And will love to see faces of the attendees! will anyone post a few for us?;)

Sep 19, 2005
20sstg5.jpg

20ssu0w.jpg

20ssuad.jpg

20ssuna.jpg

20ssuw4.jpg

20ssvaa.jpg

thanks for throwing the party

bob

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
Great time hanging out in the BX...

I had an excellent time and definitely prefer the barbeque setting compared to inside a restaurant/club. Many thanks from Magdalena and I to El Tigre and his wonderful family for hosting. That is me in the red shirt playing dominoes with Frank the Tank, Magdalena, and M.A.R. and I think me dancing with M.A.R. in the next picture.

We shouldn't wait too long for the group to meet up again.

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
Nice looking group!

On the last picture, from left to right. can anyone please tell us who they are?

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
El Tigre, great party. Thanks to you and your family for hosting it.

I'm glad you decided to hold the party despite the pending weather. The rain didn't spoil anything.

Bob, thanks for posting the pics.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Thanks everyone for coming out. My family and I were delighted to have you all as our guests. I agree with Chris. We shouldn't wait long to get together again. We have such a great time together. My friend Liz who didn't even know about the website until yesterday told me that it is amazing how diverse our group is and we have such a great time together.

Once again thanks for coming everyone. Here are some pics.

20t2rl2.jpg

20t2rgh.jpg

20t2re9.jpg

20t2r8n.jpg

20t2r6r.jpg

20t2r21.jpg

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Frank the Tank said:
I don't see the pictures. Where are they??

are you still hung over???? :cheeky: :cheeky:

El Tigre???? couldn't you have done something about my eyes???:devious: I look evil.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
20ssvaa.jpg

Don Juan said:
On the last picture, from left to right. can anyone please tell us who they are?
Rellosk, Frank the Tank, friend of Betty1, M.A.R., Linamia, Betty1, friend of Berzin.

The chair to my left was for Johne, who was a no-show. Because of that I was forced to polish off the wine I brought for him, :)

El Tigre

Jan 23, 2003
M.A.R. said:
are you still hung over???? :cheeky: :cheeky:

El Tigre???? couldn't you have done something about my eyes???:devious: I look evil.

Darn it I always forget to turn on the red-eye reduction thingymagig on my camera. I'm not good with photoshop to take off the red eye.

Sorry my friend.:surprised

Betty1

Nov 22, 2003
Had a wonderful time!!

Muchas gracias al Tigre for hosting if not the most memorable one of the best gatherings ever. It was great meeting the new folks and seeing old one's. Bob congratulations on your promotion to "Ketchup Remover" I am sure you will excel as with the "Pig Farm".

Alex tienes una bella familia de verdad felicidades, de nuevo dale las gracias de mi parte.

Let's not wait so long for the next one.

Betty

p.s. my plus one had a wonderful time as well

linamia

"an unexamined life is not worth living"
Jan 2, 2002
www.pascual5designs.com
Alex,

Please thank your mom and your aunt I had a great time with both. They are a riot true Dominican hostess. Your mom has a very happy spirit it was nice meeting her. Your compadre was so funny tell him we had a great time and he has a great sense of humor. I hope your friends from work don’t think we were a crazy bunch.

Thank you for opening up your house and inviting the dysfunctional DR1 family a great time was had. You are going to make a very good husband with those entertaining skills that you have.

To those of you that didn’t make it we indeed blasted Fernandito’s “La Lluvia no daña mi fiesta” after that it stopped raining. Although the rain brought us closer together literally.

It was nice meeting the new people and nicer seeing old friends, Chris and Magdalena it was nice seeing you guys again and hearing Magdalena improved English skills, congrats you are doing great.

Berzin you are quite an interesting guy I loved the stories especially the ones about Brazil I hope to hear the rest of them someday.

Mar it was nice to get to talk to you this time I hope you can make ladies night out.

Bob I believe El Tigere owes you a plate of Mondongo.

Frankthetank you picked up the domino mannerism quite nicely.

The surprise of the night was when the lovely Ana called to say hello. Ana it was nice talking to you, looking forward to a trip up north to meet you.

Well back to work.

Lina

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I am so jealous that I couldn't have been there to meet you all. You are a great looking group, and I am certain a wonderful time was had by all. It is nice to put some more faces to screennames.

El Tigre

Jan 23, 2003
Lina and Betty,

I thanked my mom on everyone's behalf and yours specially. She said you are two very cool gals.

My mom picked up on how you never really danced a full song. heheheeee

I wanted to kill you with a Fefita La Grande song that's 8 minutes 32 seconds long. Pero I knew that wouldn't fly. You would have quit on me. Only if TD wouldn't been there!!! Porque esa si es bailadora. heheheheee

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
I had a great time thanks to all of you. Everyone is so friendly and easy to talk to. Tiguere I need to practice my tipico dancing a little more, I know you would agree? I'll keep hitting the gym to make sure I'm ready for it next time we meet. Ladies yes I would love to have a girls nightout, you gals are lots of fun.

btw: I was a little lost getting out of Da Bronx, kept taking the wrong exit, first time driving in the Bronx but I made it out. :)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Sounded like you were having a good time. Lina sorry if I was shouting in your ear but there was so much noise there. What do you all think you are Italian's or something? :laugh:

I love the pictures that were posted. Getting to know more members is always fun.