Book review!...Xpatriot!

JRR

Dec 9, 2004
dr1.com'ers....we have a celebrity among us!

Randy had given me a copy of his book, "Xpatriot" at the bbq at Rocky's. This past Saturday I had the chance to read it while enjoying the sun at the beach.....

Randy, it was excellent! The descriptive writing was consistant and pitcturesue! The story exciting and the characters more than beleivebale. Once you start reading it, you can't put it down! It is short and fast! Quick paced and for someone who enjoys the stories of Grisham, Koontz, and who was that wrote the hunt for Red October? this falls into the same type of story line. My only negative comment, I didn't want it to end!

Highly reccomend it!

JRR

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
That's quite the review.
I'm not a book reader, but know what you mean about a good book that you just can't put down.

Congrats, Scandall, for such a masterpiece.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I "Couldn't Put It Down"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheeky: There is a powerful "Super Glue" impregnated in the book's cover! It is heat activated.So when you read it your "Body Heat" activates the "glue" and it becomes "stuck" to your hands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)
I read "The XPAT",and it is fantastic! You forgot to mention that most of the book is set in the DR, and "Randy's" take on the DR is "Spot-On"!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCC

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
JRR said:

Randy had given me a copy of his book, "Xpatriot" at the bbq at Rocky's. This past Saturday I had the chance to read it while enjoying the sun at the beach.....

Randy, it was excellent! The descriptive writing was consistant and pitcturesue! The story exciting and the characters more than beleivebale. Once you start reading it, you can't put it down! It is short and fast! Quick paced and for someone who enjoys the stories of Grisham, Koontz, and who was that wrote the hunt for Red October? this falls into the same type of story line. My only negative comment, I didn't want it to end!

Highly reccomend it!

JRR

ok, I would like to read it. I like Grisham.

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Sincerely Interested...

What's it about, an ex-pat who drinks cuba-libres all day and chases women all night?

-Helpmann :)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
helpmann said:
What's it about, an ex-pat who drinks cuba-libres all day and chases women all night?

-Helpmann :)

I guess you never listen to the podcast commercial every week or you'd know ;)

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Bourne Identity + a Berzin Sankiette Story = Good Book?

AnnaC said:
I guess you never listen to the podcast commercial every week or you'd know ;)
I found a summary online. It looks like it may even have a sankiette angle too.

-Helpmann :cheeky:

Scott Green is a Special Forces soldier with ten years of experience in covert operations. While finishing an eighteen month tour hunting terrorists in Afghanistan, he makes a discovery that a part of him will regret forever.

Green leaves the service shortly after healing from his wounds and decides to travel and live abroad as he searches for the answers to his deepest burning questions. His life becomes a roller coaster of emotions as he travels through the Dominican Republic. Green emerges victorious over his internal struggles and his search for love just as his past comes back to haunt him.

In the deadly game of counterintelligence, terrorism and global drug trafficking, Scott Green must balance his survival and the survival of those who he loves with the pillars of his newfound faith.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I don't normally read novels..............

But I opened this (online) for the DR content........and then got hooked by the storyline. That is a huge complement to the author because I wasn't actually looking for the plot at all.
And yes, helpmann, there is a love interest, but not a sankette angle. None of the lurid, sweaty, writhing detail..............;) In fact a whole lot more powerful for being understated. It actually has subtlety. Way to go, Randy.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I read it last year and highly recommend it as well. It was a very good read.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
That's crap

JRR said:

Randy had given me a copy of his book, "Xpatriot" at the bbq at Rocky's.
I had to BUY mine - and put up with the cigarette smoke as he hammered away at it.

Masshole.

G

gary short

Hey Cleef.....is Scandall an ex; airborne ranger sniper special dud......just curious???????