Weddings in San Felipe Church

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandra03

Aug 1, 2006
This is my first post .. so sorry if I mess it up.
Does anyone know how I get info or a contact person as number so I can get married in San Felipe Church ?
Is it a nice church ? and is there any chance that the priest can marry us in English ? Also what documents do I need ?
Sorry I have so many questions, but it's been very hard to get any information.

ChicaBianca

Jul 13, 2006
Hi Sandra
Where are you from?
do you marry a dominican man or a man from your own country. If you marrie a man from your own country the best thing to do is, arrange a wedding package with a hotel, you still can get married in church as well. But they take care of all documentation and will tell you what to bring. They can also marrie you in english.

Bianca

Sandra03

Aug 1, 2006
I was planning on having about 30 - 50 family and friends stay in a beach villa in Cabrera .. Sun Rise Villa or Villa Castemonte (haven't decided yet .. but leaning to Sun rise) and the neared nicest church, I can get any photos on, is San Felipe Church in Puerto Plata. The Church Cermony is very important to my family, so I wanted it to be very nice. So I'm trying to get details to start planning. Any Suggestions ? or has anyone stayed at either villa ? any reviews of chruch or villa ? thank you so much for any help :)))

Sandra03

Aug 1, 2006
I'm Irish, and He's American. But my best friend is Dominican .. and I have been there 4 times. We had friends marry in the villa we are looking at and we both work in hotels and don't really want to stay in a resort .. we really want it to be a family vacation .. and for them to enjoy time together (the 2 familys haven't really meet yet, since they are in two different countries)

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
There are no priest at San Felipe that speak english. The closest is Fr Santiago and his is very poor. The Bishop also does not speak english. I assume that you have had your instructions for marriage at your own parish and that your priest will forward that info to Puerto Plata.

Sandra03

Aug 1, 2006
Yes I'm going to do the pre marraige course here and get the permission from the priest

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
Have a priest wko is fluent in spanish contact Bishop Cornial Amaro at 809-586-2484. Have him explain exactly what you waht to do.

Sandra03

Aug 1, 2006
Is it ok to have a friend contact him for now ? I don't know any priests that speak spanish. But my friend is Dominican

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
That will do. There has to be a church in Cabrera. Do you know it is at least 1 1/2 hour drive from Cabrera to Puerto Plata?

Ask La Profe_1 about churches..

Good luck..

HB :D:D

Conversely, go to Bavaro, and get married at the Altagracia Cathedral in Higuey! The archbishop, Nicanor Peña, speaks English!!

:p:p No, I am not kidding, why not? Same logistics...

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
Higuey Info

Diocese of Nuestra Se?ora de la Altagracia en Hig?ey
Dioecesis A Domina Nostra vulgo de la Altagracia in Hig?ey, seu Higueyensis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bishop(s)
Gregorio Nicanor Pe?a Rodr?guez, Bishop
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juan F?lix Pep?n y Soliman, Bishop Emeritus
Information

Type of Jurisdiction: Diocese
Erected: 1 April 1959
Metropolitan: Archdiocese of Santo Domingo
Rite: Latin (or Roman)
Square Kilometers: 5,437 (2,100 Square Miles)
Mailing Address: Apartado 1313, Ave. Dr. Vetilio Alfau Dur?n Esq. Daniel Herrera, Hig?ey, Rep?blica Dominicana
Telephone: 554-2431
Fax: 554-2827

Sandra03

Aug 1, 2006
Hillbilly
Where is the Diocese of Nuestra Señora de la Altagracia en Higüey ...
I saw an eamil you wrote a while back about Bishop Pena speaking English and Italian, and him being a friend of your. I was thrilled because I saw he was in puerto plata .. it would be great .. his parents are italian.
Where is this other diocese ? and how far is it from Cabrera ..
I am willing to travel to Puerto Plata to get married properly. There is a church in cabrera, but it is small and doesn't look so religous - just one statue.

Status
Not open for further replies.