A Mouse Story

paddy

Silver
Oct 4, 2003
A mouse looked through the crack in the wall to see the farmer and his�wife open a package.�

"What food might this contain?" The mouse wondered - he was devastated to�discover it was a mousetrap.�

Retreating to the farmyard, the mouse proclaimed the warning.�

"There is a mousetrap in the house! There is a mousetrap in the house!"�

The chicken clucked and scratched, raised her head and said, "Mr. Mouse, I�can tell this is a grave concern to you but it is of no consequence to�me. I cannot be bothered by it."�

The mouse turned to the pig and told him, "There is a mousetrap in the�house! There is a mousetrap in the house!"�

The pig sympathized, but said, "I am so very sorry, Mr. Mouse, but there�is nothing I can do about it but pray.�Be assured you are in my prayers."�

The mouse�turned to the cow and said, "There is a mousetrap in the house!
There is a mousetrap in the house!"�

The cow said, "Wow, Mr. Mouse.� I'm sorry for you, but it's no skin off my�nose."�

So, the mouse returned to the house, head down and dejected, to face the�farmer's mousetrap-- alone. ��

That very night a sound was heard throughout the house -- like the sound�of a mousetrap catching its prey.�

The farmer's wife rushed to see what was caught. �In the darkness, she did�not see it was a venomous snake whose tail the trap had caught.�

The snake bit the farmer's wife.�
The farmer rushed her to the hospital�and she returned home with a fever.
Everyone knows you treat a fever with�fresh chicken soup, so the farmer took his hatchet to the farmyard�for the�soup's main ingredient.�

But his wife's sickness continued, so friends and neighbors came to sit�with her around the clock. To feed them, the farmer�butchered the pig.�

The farmer's wife did not get well; she died.
So many people came for her�funeral the farmer had the cow slaughtered to provide enough meat�for all�of them.�

The mouse looked upon it all from his crack in the wall with great�sadness.�

So the next time, you hear someone is facing a problem and think it�doesn't concern you, remember -- when one of us is threatened, we are all�at risk.�

We are all involved in this journey called life. We must keep an eye out�for one another and make an extra effort to encourage one another.�

SEND THIS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS EVER HELPED YOU OUT
AND LET THEM KNOW HOW�IMPORTANT THEY ARE.

REMEMBER:
EACH OF US IS A VITAL
THREAD IN ANOTHER�PERSON'S TAPESTRY;
OUR LIVES ARE WOVEN TOGETHER FOR A REASON.�

One of the best things to hold onto in this world is a friend.
Amen