Contact for an Evangelical church -POP

mra

Aug 17, 2006
Hello,
We are new to posting on dr1.com, but have read forum comments for over a year. Thank you to Hlywud & FireGuy for directing us to this great website.

Hubby & I have travelled to the D.R. 5 times in 4years and we are counting down the days to our next trip in January 2007.

With that in mind, we would like to be able to take some supplies with us and hopefully assist a church in the area in which we will be staying. Therefore we would like to contact an Evangelical church Pastor in the POP/Playa Dorada area. We see & read about the groups that are helping the children (Beyond the Beach, Mustard Seed etc), but we feel that the church knows its' families the best.

Can any one assist us with our request?

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
I'm sorry I don't have contact info, but there is an evangelical church which holds services under a huge tent (permenant fenced-in location) on Avenida de Las Hermanas Mirabel, between the Portofino restaurant and Long Beach. This is a stone's throw from where a good number of people were recently displaced from their homes. Although I doubt if many of those Long Beach denizens were church-goers, I wouldn't be surprised if that church is involved in assisting them.

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
You can always help out with the church and school that I have been helping out for the last two years.

Here is a link to the photos. http://www.pbase.com/jamesfriesen

Or I know of another one as well in the Sosua area.

If you are interested just pm me and I can get you in touch with the church there.

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
My husband's uncle is an Evangelical pastor at several churches just outside of Puerto Plata. The main one he preaches at is near Camu but he also fills in for other pastors at neighbouring churches and even does some outdoor open air services in small barrios in and around Montellano/Gran Parada and Camu. He is a very honest and trustworthy Domincan and my husband and I have had him take care of money matters for us without batting an eyelash. He does not speak any English, however, his wife (my husband's aunt) speaks some conversational English for you to communicate. I would be more than happy to be the go-between person and, in fact, my husband and I are going down in December if there is anything we can do to help.

Send me a PM and I can give you contact information if you are interested.

Hello,
We are new to posting on dr1.com, but have read forum comments for over a year. Thank you to Hlywud & FireGuy for directing us to this great website.

Hubby & I have travelled to the D.R. 5 times in 4years and we are counting down the days to our next trip in January 2007.

With that in mind, we would like to be able to take some supplies with us and hopefully assist a church in the area in which we will be staying. Therefore we would like to contact an Evangelical church Pastor in the POP/Playa Dorada area. We see & read about the groups that are helping the children (Beyond the Beach, Mustard Seed etc), but we feel that the church knows its' families the best.

Can any one assist us with our request?