israelis arrested at rincon beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
There is a reader's comment under that article where someone says that an American landowner is responsible for these property invasions, but it does not say why. Must be some land dispute and I guess this guy is hiring (incompetent) pros to intimidate neighbors.

Fuel

Jun 29, 2006
A kid i went to High school with is currently in the IDF. He says lots of former IDF soilder are hired as mercenaries in 3rd world countries.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Please bear in mind that this is in DominicanToday & therefore some of the information given might well be unchecked. It has happened quite a bit in the past where news reports are somewhat enhanced to make a storyline.

THREE Israelis evicted from the house but only TWO charged in Santo Domingo? What happened to the third? Did the news reporter for DominicanToday visit the arrested men to check things or was all this (limited) information taken from a teletext or similar news receipt?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
How dare you mention israelis? Are you anti-semites?
Now imagine the same people were muslims, what would the headline be all over the news papers?
These guys are probably here to kill some arab who maybe vacationing here. An arab who is resisting israeli occupation of arab lands (thus labeled a terrorist and on israeli hit list). These types of operations are carried out by IDF all over the world for decades. These men will be released when USA and israel will put pressure on DR government. The whole case will be blanked out from media and no one will question a thing.
Mark my words.
AZB

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
"These guys are probably here to kill some arab who maybe vacationing here. An arab who is resisting israeli occupation of arab lands (thus labeled a terrorist and on israeli hit list)."

Nice try, AZB, but nowhere even close. This is a land dispute where the American has hired bodyguards to protect him and try to recover some of his property above Rincon beach that has been appropiated by several neighbors.

Cooper has had several attempts made on his life and there are some people around the area that are not happy that he has bought certain properties in Rincon and also stopped the smuggling that was going on from his property at Playa Fronton on Cape Samana. They darn near killed him and another guy over that. Certain people also tried to set him up in a scam in an attempt to take control of his highly desirable piece of land in Rincon.

Other than the above, I can't say more about this situation.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
How dare you mention israelis? Are you anti-semites?
Now imagine the same people were muslims, what would the headline be all over the news papers?
These guys are probably here to kill some arab who maybe vacationing here. An arab who is resisting israeli occupation of arab lands (thus labeled a terrorist and on israeli hit list). These types of operations are carried out by IDF all over the world for decades. These men will be released when USA and israel will put pressure on DR government. The whole case will be blanked out from media and no one will question a thing.
Mark my words.
AZB
This is the first anti-semitic inference on this thread. No, I take that back, it is only 1/2 anti-semitic as both Israelis and Arabs are semites.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Y'all be careful now.
We don't do racist stuff on DR1.
That's high on the list of NONO's.
PM's are fine.
No mainboard.
PS: I'm neither moderator nor referee, but you guys are my friends and if it goes any further, I'm going to send Alan over with his lethal colostomy bag.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Something wrong with this picture?

Have you guys looked at the picture accompaning the story. In my opinion there is something that does not look right. The arresting officer looks more like an american and his uniform looks more like the ones worn by the border patrols in the US.:ermm:

Last edited:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Have you guys looked at the picture accompaning the story. In my opinion there is something that does not look right. The arresting officer looks more like an american and his uniform looks more like the ones worn by the border patrols in the US.:ermm:

It says 'file photo' which is almost the same as using 'library' or 'archive'..........i.e. any old photo of someone being arrested by some type of law enforcement anywhere in the world............:paranoid:

The 2 photos in the second Diario Libre link above are I assume their passport or military ID card photos since the background has Hebrew writing.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Y'all be careful now.
We don't do racist stuff on DR1.
That's high on the list of NONO's.
PM's are fine.
No mainboard.
PS: I'm neither moderator nor referee, but you guys are my friends and if it goes any further, I'm going to send Alan over with his lethal colostomy bag.

Thanks for being the only one with morals here and preventing this from exploding. Lets not get into the Middle east problems here....and AZB might want to get his "land dispute" facts straight about Israel before making accusations!

mrchris74

Mar 14, 2006
My Most Bizarre DR Experience

I could've posted this in Trip Reports, but it seems more relevant here.

So last May my girlfriend & I are sipping a grande on Fronton, waiting for the boat back to Galeras. We were discussing the purchase of a vacation home in Samana when our water taxi arrived with another group. One was an American, dressed in tiger-stripe fatigues, with a badge hanging around his neck as if to justify the Glock resting on his hip. With him were two guys, later identified as Israelis, and a Dominican girl that was dressed like she was on her way to the Classico with 3 hungry babies at home. One of the Israelis had a video camera and the American, who looked liked a pro wrestler and was just as brash, explained that they were there scouting locations for the next season of Survivor. He claimed to be a stuntman, with film appearances such as Bad Boys II, as well as an ex-Navy Seal.

It ended up that they had hired our "captain" for the afternoon, so we all got in the boat for the return to Galeras, but with a quick pass by Rincon. On the way, while the Israelis took turns taking pot shots at the cliffs, the American explained that his "business partner" owned Fronton and had recently bought some land around Rincon which we would take a look at. The girl belonged to the partner.

At Rincon, we beached near the mouth of the river and the 2 Israelis got out of the boat. The girl went for a swim. Meanwhile the American begins to tell us that the Israelis were ex-Mossad mercenaries, and even credited one of them with some famous PLO asassination. They were on the beach with some binoculars they had pulled from his bag of military-grade equipment. He said his partner had purchased the shack above the river, along with several hundred acres on the hill to the right of the beach, and that some local Tigre was squatting on it. They were going to get him out of there. He didn't want to get out of the boat because he was afraid he would be recognized and shot at by snipers.

At this point he got on the radio to tell the Israelis about the 50mm (or whatever) mini-cannon mounted on a tripod under a tarp near the house. I could see it too. They all had a look at it and decided to leave. I was relieved to be out of there. As if to add to the excitement, on the way back to Galeras the girl began showing her special places to the guys on the boat.

When we arrived at Galeras my gf & I decided were definitely not purchasing property in Samana any time soon.

Chris

Sep 20, 2003
50mm cannon

So, is this Cooper guy(who hired the Israeli and American Mercenaries) trying to run squatters off his land or is running land owners off their land and taking it. Are the cases pending in court against the mercenary hiring land owner or for him?

50mm cannon? Are these standard Tigueres weapons or are these squatters working for major drug dealers?

Does this go on a lot in the DR?

Did the Israelis get released yet? What happened to their American employer?

Status
Not open for further replies.