Castillo Del Ambar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn W

Sep 3, 2006
I'm coming back to the Dominican in a few weeks, someone has suggested the Castillo Del Amber as cheap and cheerful accomodation. Can anyone tell me about the area it's in - is it a safe one as I'll be a female on my own. Also, what's the going rate for a taxi from the airport? I hate all this bartering with the driver over money (an English thing). Even better if someone could recommend a driver with contact details.

Any help much appreciated
Regards
Dawn W

boricua_girl

Sep 5, 2006
My friend dates a guy in Puerto Plata so she often travels to DR and when she does she stays at the Castillo del Ambar. She loves it, she says it's quaint, with a small pool and they offer complimentary breakfast cooked to order. The rooms are efficiencies so you cook your meals at times or head into the Playa Dorado Complex which is nearby and has various fast food and regular restaurants, a disco, a movie theatre and a small shopping mall. I am actually planning on staying there in November myself, so please write back when you return and let me know how you liked it.

Dawn W

Sep 3, 2006
Amber De Castillo

My friend dates a guy in Puerto Plata so she often travels to DR and when she does she stays at the Castillo del Ambar. She loves it, she says it's quaint, with a small pool and they offer complimentary breakfast cooked to order. The rooms are efficiencies so you cook your meals at times or head into the Playa Dorado Complex which is nearby and has various fast food and regular restaurants, a disco, a movie theatre and a small shopping mall. I am actually planning on staying there in November myself, so please write back when you return and let me know how you liked it.

I guy I met from POP who I'm going back to see has recommended this place. Gawd, I hope it isn't the same guy.He isn't called Daniel-Marco AKA David by any chance?

Dawn W

Sep 3, 2006
Phew - certainly am!!!!!

I'll certainly let you know what I think of the place. I'm not 100% sure that I'm going to go yet, Kefalonia one of the Greek islands seems very tempting at the moment. Mind you, there's only so much plate smashing you can do!!

Status
Not open for further replies.