New bar hours for Cabarete

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
As of Tuesday next, bar hours are extended in Cabarete beach bars only until 0200 weeknights and 0300 weekends. This will be a 30-day trial and if successful will apply to Sosua. I don't know what 'successful' means to them, but it is a change for now. This announcement by Politur boss at the national level, yesterday in a meeting in Sosua with bar/restaurant owners. Sosua owners howled but to no avail. Politur was accompanied by Bernardita de Fenke, the new sub-secretary of tourism, an employee of Sec'y of Tourism, Felucho.
I can only guess that this will be the new standard in tourist areas. Rest of the country changes remains to be seen.

SURFUP69

May 24, 2006
August 26 the Sosuanews posted that Sosua hours would be 1AM during the week and 2AM Fri. and Sat. is this true now. Can some one from Sosua please tell me what the hours are thank you.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Great:ermm: :ermm: So now not only will all the riff-raff associated with the tourist areas be drunk on thier a** again at 2am and on the roads, but the non tourist riff-raff will now be attracted to the tourist areas making a bad situation worse. Another example of sound DR govt thinking. I don't know about others, but things seem a lot less congested on the roads at 9pm these days. Especially between Caberete and Sousa, maybe because of the current early hours more people are in the bars by then leaving the roads less insane at that hour.

Bob K

castleburger

Sep 4, 2006
August 26 the Sosuanews posted that Sosua hours would be 1AM during the week and 2AM Fri. and Sat. is this true now. Can some one from Sosua please tell me what the hours are thank you.

Bars in sosusa are closing at 12 and 2. "Word on the street..." all these rhumers... actual truth is the sec of tourism shot down the proposal for touist areas to be exempt from the new law, and wont approach leonel with any of it. Im sure cabarete is the model for the area....please. I think the politure is just filling false hopes...

hombrenegro

Apr 21, 2006
Can't say for certain when the bars in Sosua are closing. The discos, however, are closing at 1:00 am Sun - Thursday and 2:00 am Friday and Saturday.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Live and Learn

Did I not just tell you what the deal is?
OK. I gave sources. Do you know or have any
idea who these people are?
If you don't accept that, then well....
Or go ask Rocky.....if u wanna. He didn't
attend the meeting.
d es as d does.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
re tflea
As far as I can see. You just said that the openinghours in Sosua wasn't to change during the next month. But you didn't say anything about what they actually are at the moment.
Some say the closing time at weekdays is 12 and others say it's 1 am. I just ask what is correct, and mentioned Rocky since he actually operates a bar in Sosua, and should know. But maybe you also could tell what is right ?

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Closing hours

re tflea
As far as I can see. You just said that the openinghours in Sosua wasn't to change during the next month. But you didn't say anything about what they actually are at the moment.
Some say the closing time at weekdays is 12 and others say it's 1 am. I just ask what is correct, and mentioned Rocky since he actually operates a bar in Sosua, and should know. But maybe you also could tell what is right ?

Tor,

Unless they have changed within the last 2 weeks they were as follows.

Sunday-Thursday 1:00 AM
Friday & Saturday 2:00 AM

These hours are for SOSUA.

Scotty