What happened to my thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clampett 1

Aug 11, 2006
Ok, earlier today I posted a new thread about Haitians in DR and a few minutes later it disappeared. Anyone know why? Is there some kind of subject that I am not supposed to talk about? Censorship?

Joel Gomez
Leominster, MA

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Ok, earlier today I posted a new thread about Haitians in DR and a few minutes later it disappeared. Anyone know why? Is there some kind of subject that I am not supposed to talk about? Censorship?

Joel Gomez
Leominster, MA

Hey buddy racial issues and religious themes are a NO NO here.

Clampett 1

Aug 11, 2006
That was considered racial? I simply making an observation as to the way Haitians are treated in the DR? I was not calling anyone a racial name or anything close to it. If that was the reason why it was taken down......way too sensitive. This is the first case of Dominican PC I have encountered. Lord!

Joel Gomez
Leominster, MA

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I did not see the thread. But then again, you've not seen the fights and unhappiness and flame wars that such threads invariably gather. So, for my vote, keep it off!

That was considered racial? I simply making an observation as to the way Haitians are treated in the DR? I was not calling anyone a racial name or anything close to it. If that was the reason why it was taken down......way too sensitive. This is the first case of Dominican PC I have encountered. Lord!

Joel Gomez
Leominster, MA

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
My wife employs a Haitian woman at her school in Jarabacoa to teach French. She was a teacher in Haiti and she makes the same wage as the other teachers. I met a Haitian guy who spoke English quite well and he told me that most Dominicans treat them OK. My observation was that most Dominicans just ignore Haitians. In Jarabacoa, in Barrio Don Bosco, the poorest area of Jarabacoa, Haitians and Dominicans coexist in the filth and garbage. I have observed that most of the Haitians I've seen walk around with sadness etched into their face. Perhaps this makes them less aproachable.

Clampett 1

Aug 11, 2006
I would love to continue to engage this conversation, but I see that lots of people feel offended. I was looking for intelligent input such as yours Bob, but there is too much PC around here for that.

Joel Gomez
Leominster, MA

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I would love to continue to engage this conversation, but I see that lots of people feel offended. I was looking for intelligent input such as yours Bob, but there is too much PC around here for that.

Joel Gomez
Leominster, MA

I deleted the thread for the reasons stated above.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.