Of toplessness, temperture and Bahia

T

Trinity

Great forum here. Most of my questions are answered already. I guess I'll have to get used to the topless culture as I understand it is common. The man and I are planning a trip to Bahia Principe, near Rio San Juan, in April and if I understand correctly April is during the dry season. Not much rain nor cloud? The Bahia is primarily visited by Europeans hence all the topless people. I pay $100 for a bikini and now I'll be the odd one out with it on? Spanish mostly....little English. The beach is man made? That seems strange with so many beaches around the DR. The resort is a bit isolated so nightlife is somewhat restricted to the resort. Anything I'm missing I should know about the Bahia?

Thanks

Trinity

... and no I'm not the one in the movie, smart ass:)

K

kimdel

Trnity,

I will be going to the Bahia Principe for the 3rd time this April. The nightlife is not too bad to be honest with you and not that many people go topless. If you have any specific questions feel free to e-mail me.

Kim

B

BobbyP

Trinity, I really enjoyed your site. Kind of like the one I want to build to combine my hobbies of photography and travel. Am anxious to see how you compare the DR to the "small" islands. Hope you get to see the real DR, off of the well beaten tourist track. If you can, drive on over to Samana peninsula and check out some of the isolated beaches there, particulary around Las Galeras. Ciao

S

Stephanie

We are going on the 19th of this month so you can email me if you want to and I will tell you all you would care to know.....and there is no way this size 16 is going topless !!!

T

Trinity

Thanks all...

Mango, glad you liked the site. It was fun putting it together. I love to travel so much I just wish we could do it more often. Once or twice a year is not enough to cover all the wonderful places in the world ...not to mention the Caribbean!

Kimdel, sound like should should own shares in the place you go so often:) So how has the weather been that time of the year? Just the occasional afternoon shower? (Trinity hoping the answer is ...nothing but sun)

Stephanie, I'll be writing you after you get back....around the end of the month. As for the topless thing ...it's not so bad. I'm always nervous going but one I see everyone else doing it I relax and have partaken of the all-over tan once or twice:)