FYI AA Flight 638 SDQ-JFK-BOS flight 4609 or any connecting destinations

exek

May 26, 2003
www.cormega-central.com
Just a little warning to those from Boston area or any connecting airport that has to go thru JFK from SDQ via American Airlines flight 638 don?t do it unless you are planning on spending the night at the not so wonderful Ramada at Kennedy airport.

You are bound to how early or how late that flight from JFK coming into Santo Domingo is. If the flight is late don?t even bother making arrangements on who is going to pick you up in the airport just let them know your not going to make it that night and will be spending the night in New York. And by the way immigration and customs is setup at AA JFK terminal I doubt if the plane came in on time that you will make it on the connecting flight also. Unless you brought some running shoes, a rocket pack and have no checked bags. Since it?s a long walk between the terminals to catch the connecting flight and you also have to redo security checkpoint when you get to the connecting terminal. Another thing to add a cherry on top is the gate for connecting American Eagle flight to Boston or any other American Eagle connections is at the very end of the terminal and once you get to the gate you have to go down a long ramp to get to the plane.

So if possible try to get on the earlier flight instead of the late flight out of Santo Domingo. Hopefully these bits on information helps one of you guys out and not gets you stuck at the Ramada for the night like what happend to me.

agomera

Nov 16, 2005
Now my doubt is clear. AA had a great deal from SDQ to ORD, but only had an hour and 25 minutes of connection time. How the hell are you supposed to get through immigration, customs, put the baggage in re-connection and go through the security point again in less than 1:30? and if you are traveling between december 20 - jan 8, don't even think you are going to get your baggage in less than half an hour.