Solving a puzzle

pierods

Sep 22, 2006
When living in Dominican Republic, I always wondered what were the ingredients of my daily main course...here they are...a HEARTY product...

In the order: pork, PORK HEARTS, beef, water, corn syrup solids, soy protein concentrate, salt, spices and flavoring, hydrolized soy protein, sodium phosphate, smoked flavor, sodium erythorbate, silicon dioxide, sodium nitrite.

Ingredientes del salami dominicano on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Now that you solved the puzzle what are you going to do with the info?????:ermm:

Let me guess. Eat more.:cheeky:

drbill

Dec 3, 2005
pierods, this was your daily main course?

Were you incarcerated?

Off-season All-Inclusive guest? Or what?

Just for the heck of it, check to see if your Colgate toothpaste contains Titanium.

CommTHOR

Nov 7, 2005
Made me pull out my toothpaste. My Crest has, among other unpronouncable things - titanium dioxide... heh...

After the 4 months I've spent backpacking across the North of Thailand, I've learned that sometimes it's not always the best thing to question the ingredients of food... (I have confirmed I've had some scary things though - snake, dog, bugs, etc...) All tasted great at the time though!

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Scary part if you look at the photo is that it is made in the USA and USDA inspected.:rolleyes:

Bob K

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Many of these chemicals on the label are food additives that have been deemed safe to consume. Some are used to preserve flavor others to improve taste and apperance. By the same token critics of these additives say that they are linked to disorders like allergies, cancers, heart disease among others.

The less chemicals in foods the better. Finding these foods sometimes is difficult an expensive. At times I think we are eating and killing ourselves at the same time. :ermm:

pierods

Sep 22, 2006
All right:

what am I going to do with the info? Nothing - but the salami was a real puzzle for me, first because in DR ingredients are not found on it, and second, having lived near Productos Sosua's plant...those from Sosua will know what I am talking about (for the rest of you, just make sure you never approach it)

biker photos: thank you for the compliments

was I incarcerated: almost...I had a Dominican salary!

will I eat more of it, fried in seed oil, with platanos fritos when drunk at 3 am : yes, with guilt & the resulting ameba/giardiasis etc.