Ambulance Services in Dominican Republic

J

Joe Perez

I am looking for information about ambulance services in Dominican Republic for proposal development. The project offers ambulance operation EMS services and training programs for adults and youngsters.

The needed information is as follows: what ambulance companies are currently operating in DR, does the government operate ambulances such as the Fire Department, and what is the level of training. In addition, we need demographics on crime (adults and youth), drugs, violence, and gangs to establish a need for the project.

Success of the proposal promises to save lives and provide hundreds of jobs!

S

SPANKY

Forget it! You would get a lot of business but NEVER get paid for your service.

J

Joanne

Your question is very hard to answer, there are ambulances in the Puerto Plata area, but I'm not sure who operates them. Training for adults and youngsters is an area of need. I have observed several accidents, and the first thing the dominicans do is run to the victim and try to put them on their feet. I've seen individuals with obvious broken legs being "shoved" into the back of cars and/or trucks to be taken to the hospital. Their is no obvious concern for or knowledge of the internal injuries, and etc. that can be caused by moving a victim without precautions, cervical collars and etc. Did call an ambulance for a friend once (when we finally found the phone number) response time not bad, MD on board, cost $500 pesos. Would this be a project that the peace corp could assist with? Email if we can do anything else to assist.