How safe is Sosua...Cabarete Beach for swimming..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ismenie

Sep 14, 2006
I have read that there has been some health concern regarding the PP Beach, and I was wondering on the safety of the other beaches. I love to get into the water, but I would not want to myself at risk.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Water seems perfectly fine for us at both Sosua and Caberete. Actually was crystal clear this weekend in Sosua.

Bob K

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
Crystal clear and safe.

Hey Rocky! I have a feeling that the questions are about E-Coli & other nasties, not the clarity or wave action or shark sightings...... Anybody test it lately? I know at Costambar it is not good. The current from P Plata sweeps all the s..t past us. (Not to put a damper on your posts...)Canadian Bob.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hey Rocky! I have a feeling that the questions are about E-Coli & other nasties, not the clarity or wave action or shark sightings...... Anybody test it lately? I know at Costambar it is not good. The current from P Plata sweeps all the s..t past us. (Not to put a damper on your posts...)Canadian Bob.
I'm not an expert on the matter, but have never heard of anything whatsoever in Sosua or Cabarete waters, other than West of here.

canbird

Sep 18, 2006
Just got home from Cabarete, swam in the ocean everyday and must say it seemed perfectly safe.
No worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.