hand gun laws

Oct 14, 2006
Can comeone advise me about the laws in DR regarding carring a concealed hand gun.

I'm a private security officer and owner of a security company. I am licensed for concealed carry in NYC. I will be traveling to DR on business to discuss affiliating with DR security firms. What licensing will I need to bring a hand gun into the country and carry it?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Double that! "Security Companies" do not carry a lot of weight. Most of the ones here are owned by former or current high ranking officers of the Dominican" armed" forces.

You do not need an hand gun here, and I'd like to see you try and get one on an airplane.....I do not think that post 9-11, that would be likely.

So come on down " undressed" and explore your potential market....

HB

sunshine73

Apr 5, 2006
You need to get some forms from the dominican consulate
you need a permit from the palacio nacional it cost a hundred and fifty dollars
you will need to place your weapon unloanded into the case and place it in the belly of the plane
identify yourself to the airline prior to check in they need to take information from you
call the airline before your flight they will tell you your restrictions

good luck

sunshine

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You need to get some forms from the dominican consulate
you need a permit from the palacio nacional it cost a hundred and fifty dollars
you will need to place your weapon unloanded into the case and place it in the belly of the plane
identify yourself to the airline prior to check in they need to take information from you
call the airline before your flight they will tell you your restrictions

good luck

sunshine

When, and If he gets his gun here as they say in Monopoly: ?Go Direct to Jail? I think you get that one Sunshine.

windrifter

Dec 29, 2004
Sorry for the non re-lated content but I am in need of Mr. Guzman's business telephone no. for friend who is leaving for D.R. to buy property to-morrow. Can anyone help me??

windrifter (elizabeth)

sunshine73

Apr 5, 2006
Thanx Sky.......I guess you are more familiar with those who have done it and gone to jail!! You have 15 yr olds with guns in DR cause daddy is a Col.....and its all good......

sunshine

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
Can comeone advise me about the laws in DR regarding carring a concealed hand gun.

I'm a private security officer and owner of a security company. I am licensed for concealed carry in NYC. I will be traveling to DR on business to discuss affiliating with DR security firms. What licensing will I need to bring a hand gun into the country and carry it?

Your status here means NOTHING...This ain't Kansas anymore ........Unless you know a 3 star general or better..You will find yourself doing big time in a DR Prison even you manage to sneak one through like in a container or dissamembled and brought in piece by piece...

If they find it your butt is cooked !!! You have no idea how cooked....Leave your toy home..Bring the tanning lotion..............

Sep 19, 2005
I would think a security professional would have better avenues to find out LEGAL stuff like gun carry laws, than going onto an internet web forum....

when you get stopped someplace...."but billy bob said I could bring it in"..wont help you get out of your jam.

bob

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
The bottom line, before you can apply for a firearms permit in the DR, you must be either a Citizen or Permanent Resident.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
NYC pistol permit,
You can't even carry it in New Jersey and you want to carry it overseas, hilarious. Don't bother, waste of time!

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Foreign Police Officers?

All US police officers can walk around the DR strapped, can't they?

-Helpmann :ermm:

sunshine73

Apr 5, 2006
Looking on DR1 for information about DR is ridiculous I know!! The sugestion was call the DR consulate in NYC and they will deirect you on how to obtain a permit in the Palacio Nacional. I personally witnessed this case occur.

Anyways good look,
sunshine