Fresh Fish Vendor???

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
I have after a couple of years identified an excellent Meat vendor in the Cabarete area, however I am still looking for a fresh Fish vendor. You would think that the easiest thing to find on a Caribean Island would be fresh fish but I am having trouble. Can someone help?

natura

Jun 8, 2006
www.naturacabana.com
before Cabarete in the small plaza...(beach side) where you see the Azul laundry , Tropicoco restaraunt there is a small fresh seafood market. Very clean when I was there

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
Meat market

There is a Swiss gentleman who operates a Carneceria just outside of Cabarete near Kite Beach as you are heading towards Sosua. He slaughters his own animals and then ages the meat.
I'm not familiar with all the names of the streets, so here goes with the directions. Heading toowards Sosua, just after you pass the orange overpass for the hotel, watch for a sign indication on your right hand side. The sign is written on a Surf Board and it just says Carneceria. The market is on the left hand side, hard to see as the dirt road is between colorfull condo units that are surrounded by a stone wall. The market is just behind these condos.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
thanks, I will look for it tomorrow or over the weekend. Is it open every day?

Bob K

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
I do think it is opened every day, however it closes very early something like 12h00. So try and get there in the a.m. It is not opened on Sunday. Close to his place there is a farmer who also sells vegies and fresh herbs, ask the butcher how to get to his place.

Status
Not open for further replies.