JJ and co & short summary of Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidnightPrince69

Jun 11, 2006
Hi, I'm was in the DR in August, and I had a wonderful time. I didn't hitch a ride with JJ, but I did with the owner's husband. I was traveling by myself, and it's worth the money to hitch with JJ or anybody associated with him. My plane was delayed and there was someone there to greet me. I was so relieved. Absolutely A Plus service, especially on those dangerous roads. I felt completely safe, and BELIEVE ME, Don't take any buses. It's a waste of time, in my opinion!

I'll post more about the wonderful owner of Rocky's who took the time to show me around. I was fortunate enough (in seven days) to see the real DR, not just a resort (POP Breezes), and it was a beautiful experience.

P.S. I'll do a write up on Breezes. Building 11 is the one to request for lodging. People were constantly being moved to building 11 due to the mold and other problems in the older buildings. The resort on the whole was great, but the staff looked miserable. That was sad to see. The cable in my room barely worked, and since I was traveling alone, it was nice to be able to watch some television after being out all day. But on the whole, the room was spacious, and I had a perfect view. Very happy. This was mostly a family establishment, which made me fit right in, since I was traveling alone.

Also, Take the Dune buggy trip. Worth every penny! I didn't get to scuba dive, or do Ocean World, but I met several people who said that the dune buggy excursion was the best "Day trip" of their entire vacation. I had a blast and took beautiful pictures!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
FYI: the owner's husband IS JJ!!!!!!!!!!!

And they do give good service.

Glad you enjoyed the trip and manythanks for posting.

HB

Status
Not open for further replies.