Crime information in Arroyo Hondo

L

Lee Mata

We are relocating to Santo Domingo. Our kids will be attending th American school of Santo Domingo in Arroyo Hondo. Houses are very beautiful in that area. But we were told by different peaple that there is a great deal of crime in Arroyo Hondo. Does anyone out there have any additional information on Arroyo Hondo. Thanks.

S

susi

hi, we?ve been living in arroyo hondo for a few years now and never had any problems, though I have to admit, that we always had a guard from 7 p.m. till 7 a.m. and what they say is, that this keeps any burglars away. The guard always sleeps, but anyhow, it seems to help. Besides I know a lot of people living in this area and never heard of any problems, which doesn?t mean they don?t exist, but then they exist in any area in town, I guess. Crime is not as high as in my homecountry, holland, so don?t worry about it too much, just be cautious, whatever you do. This is by the way an opinion a lot of my friends, also from the states share with me. Furthermore, the traffic situation rightnow is such, that you really, don?t WANT to live anywhere else. Believe me, my child goes to a school in Naco and that?s a 10 minute drive normally but these days, it takes half an hour!!! An other possibility would be Naco, Piantini, giulietta, because then you would drive against the traffic. hope I helped you with this info, and if you have any other questions, feel free to post or e-mail me. susi

A

Amilda Betancourt

I lived in the area of Arroyo Hondo for almost 6 years and didn't have big problems in relation to crime. Only one entrance and it was related to a worker of my on. Just like Susi explain it is very important to be near the school area because the traffic is becoming a PROBLEM. If you are interested in any other king of information related to your relocation there is a company for executive and their families call Expat Relocation Service created by to "Expats", with many years experience overseas. During the first few weeks of a transfer to a new country everything is new and different. "We" take you by your hand and help you in everything possible. We take you to clinics, introduce you to doctors of your interest like pediatricians, find you maids, introduce you to people with common interest, cultural shock, Dress code, etc. I know that you already have a house and also school and this is the most important but still we can be a big help for you, so if you are interested in contacting us this is how you can: Debora Sanchex-567-5079;1-710-1285 Amilda Betancourt 538-0787 1-545-9121 & e.betancourt@codetel.net.do