Another Travel Document Inquiry

negrecita2003

Sep 23, 2003
Hello Everyone,

My mother is set to travel to the DR in December and return on January 6th. However, we have just noticed that her "non" US passport will be expiring at the end of November and she can not get it renewed in time for her trip. Will she be able to travel using her expired passport and her resident alien card?

Thanks!

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
How much of a gambler is she? Is she she traveling up North? Is she willing to risk that the airports won't be closed due to weather, delaying her return until January 8? As of January 7 she should be OK. This date was picked to accommodate the holiday travelers. January 8, all bets are off.

Sep 19, 2005
well I am not sure exactly was a "NON"....us issued passport is.

sounds like it is a DOMINICAN passport maybe........

because there is PLENTY of time to get a new passport in america before december....as a matter of fact there are expedite passport centers for those travelors needing a passport in less than 14 days.....there is one in Norwalk CT......I was told they can over night the passport...i actually have an appointment i called and scheduled for tomorrow at 9 am.....but its a moot point, because later on I heard that they would oly mail the passport...well that left me out because my flight is saturday am....

if it is a Dominican passport... none of what i have offered will help.....

if it is an american issued passport...I can give you some contact into tomorrow morning.....

bob

windrifter

Dec 29, 2004
If it is Canadian passport she has time to get one also. At most it takes 2 weeks and they can also rush it if required and picked up or couriered.
windrifter

negrecita2003

Sep 23, 2003
It is a passport from Poland. After finding out the ways to renew her passport, it can take up to 3 months to receive.