another question.(graduating high school in dr)

bugg-z

Nov 19, 2006
well since im moving to dr soon and im only a sophomore in high school i am certain i will come back after a couple of years to start a career but i want to kno if i am limited to things i can do with a high school diploma from d.r. here in u.s?? i still dont kno what i want to do but will i be limited to colleges i can go to? will it be harder to find a job? will it be even harder to find a job if i decide not to go to college??

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Ah education, now that's my field.
IF you make it to college, you have a choice. There is a pretty fair school there in SFM, La Nordestana. The bishop of SFM is the rector. In Santiago, there is the PUCMM. We have a lot of kids from Macorís there. But you have to read and write Spanish, very well!

No college? Well they have Mickey Ds here, too...so you can flip burghers for a living...

A DR high school diploma, may or may not be worth a row of pee-pee holes inthe snow. Depends on what school you go to and how you score on your SATs, if you are thinking about college in the US.

In the DR, your HS diploma will pretty much get you into any university. Depending on just which university you choose, it will not guarantee you that you will graduate...that depends on how well you perform in your classes.

Like Bill said: READ. READ. READ.
Find stuff you like, like science fiction or cowboys or ships or pirates or just about anything. Read Louis L'amour....anything of his is good reading. For fun!

Read a newspaper everyday--not just the funnies or the sports pages..the whole thing.

Anyone who reads, triumphs...it is one of the secrets of success. (Hey, you could take a speed reading course!! Way cool...finish a book in like two hours that your classmates will take two weeks to read....)

You're are young, so a lot is possible. Do you play any sports? SFM has been big in baseball and basketball and volleyball. Some fútbol (soccer)...

Good luck..

HB