Cheapest time to go?

M

mystery woman

Hello. I just got back from the DR (stayed at the Flamenco Bavaro) and would love to go back soon! I am interested in another package deal (air & resort) from Toronto to Punta Cana.....

Any ideas when the cheapest times to go are? Would it be summer? Thank you!

Linda

D

DR1

No, that's when the Europeans travel. I would think it would be the shoulder months of May or September/October.

S

Susanne

You may be right, but quite a few European tour operators don't go in the summer, including all the Scandinavian ones. The reason for this is that all the classic European destinations, such as Spain, Portugal, Turkey and Greece, are the favorites for a summer holiday, not in the least because of the shorter flying time and much cheaper insurance. It is much more difficult to find warm weather and nice beaches in the winter - hence the popularity of the Dominican Republic in the European winter months.

And when I requested rates of the big all inclusives - some of those were in the Bavaro area - the cheapest rates were in the summer. This may just be your solution: To book a flight and the hotel yourself. It is quite easy to do through the Internet nowadays. You can still get it all inclusive at a very reasonable rate, especially if you shop around a bit.

Regards, Susanne

B

Baden

Right about now is the cheapest it will get. The charters stop flying in April, so you'll end up paying a higher fare after this time.

I just decided yesterday to go to the DR - picked up a 1 week ticket for $340 ($448 w/ tax) return!!!

C

Craig

Linda,

Just curious of what you thought of the Flamenco Bavaro. We found that to be the cheapest place and are heading there next week. We have never been to the DR or anywhere South. If you have any good suggestion please let me know.

Craig

F

fred

My wife and I have traveled to the DR for the past ten years. We usually visit either the last week of June or the first week of July. We drive to Toronto and fly from there for the favorable exchange rate. This time of the year is very inexpensive due to the fact that it's the off-season. We usually travel at this time because we both teach and this is after the end of the school year, and because of the inexpensive rates. It has always worked well for us. Good luck.

Fred

T

thomas

That would depend. The airfares are certainly higher in the summer, but you might find a good deal on a room that would offset the price. Instead of looking for a package, you might do a little research on your own. And don't forget - summer is a bit soupy, but no less beautiful.

R

RS

Vacations at Coral Hamaca Beach Resort

Boca Chica, Heavens at Puerto Plata (Playa Dorada), Coral Canoa at Bayahibe, or

Costa Caribe at Juan Dolio (5 stars Hotels all of them)

Plan A All-Inclusive: (price includes the whole week from 1-4 people)

8 days 7 nights- Single Double Triple Cuadruple

US$ 854.00 $ 1,435.00 $ 1,924.00 $ 2,324.00

Plan B Room only: (no meals, prices are for the whole week, 1-4 people)

8 days 7 nights Single Double Triple Cuadruple

US$ 569.00 $ 649.00 $ 729.00 $ 809.00

These plans includes the above Hotels. Prices includes two way airport transportation. We can maake the arrangements for tours and sightseeing at reasanable prices. For more info. contact me by mail at: Compare prices at: http://www.coralhotels.com/

rasil@latinmail.com or investor43@hotmail.com

Phone cel. (809)254-5402

Res. (809) 238-5473

Rafael Silva Micheli