Spa Job

AmyH

Dec 5, 2006
I am looking at moving to the Puerto Plata area I am looking for a job in a spa also looking for an apartment. Right now I live in Canada so I am not sure how hard it is to get a job or housing there. If anyone can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Job First

...I am looking for a job in a spa.... how hard it is to get a job or housing there.

What kind of job would that be?
In other words, what are your qualifications in that field?

Housing is less difficult than securing a well paid job.
But I'm sure you are not after the money anyhow.

m'frog

Welcome to the board!

AmyH

Dec 5, 2006
m'frog

I went to school for Aesthetics at a private Advance Aesthetics college and I got 1 diplomas and 5 certificates. I have worked at a high end spa in Ontario and I now work out of my house. I know going there that the pay is not very high but it is more for the experience and try something new.

Amy

AmyH

Dec 5, 2006
m'frog

I would rather work at a hotel instead it cost a lot of money for the equipment and to move all of my equpiment so would get broken plus it takes a long time to build up clients. So it would be easier at a hotel.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Beating the Chocolate Competition

So it would be easier at a hotel.
I agree.
On the other hand a good number of residents demanding your services as a free lancer would get you going.
Inside the hotels local staff prevails and a lot of gringa/os seek chocolate staff for their treatment anyway... ;)

m'frog

AmyH

Dec 5, 2006
m'frog

Its also about finding a good area to do it and I was only looking to get an aparment there. I am also looking in the Puerto Plata area. Where you from?

PabloPaul

Dec 21, 2006
www.myspace.com
Amy, I am also moving from Canada (toronto) in Feb. Looking to share accommodations with one or two people to keep costs down and get a nicer place.
Let me know if you might be interested.
THX

AmyH

Dec 5, 2006
I am going down January 13. Where are u wanting to stay?

Amy
Amy, I am also moving from Canada (toronto) in Feb. Looking to share accommodations with one or two people to keep costs down and get a nicer place.
Let me know if you might be interested.
THX

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
You will find that a job as massage therapist at a hotel will pay 3rd world pay rates like US$200-400 per month and very little comission despite the fact that they charge 1st world rates to the customers. You can get higher paid jobs if the hoteliers or managers know you. You might be able to live off the tips if the spa is busy but don't count on much income working for a hotel or the spa company that runs the spa.

PabloPaul

Dec 21, 2006
www.myspace.com
Amy,
Anywhere on the north coast is fine. I will drive to look for a place to buy....doesn't matter where I rent for now.
End of FEB I will be there.
Let me know.
THX