For what is Cabarete known?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Frommer's introduction to Cabarete (Cabarete : Introduction | Frommers.com) consists of four paragraphs. One second paragraph is devoted to 'some of the most aggressive prostitutes in the Dominican Republic; all ages, all skin tones, all degrees of blatancy'.

For comparison, Sosua's introduction has no mention of prostitutes. (Sosua : Introduction | Frommers.com)

I can see it as a foot note somewhere in their articles, but such prominence in the intro seems out of line to me.

What do you think, bad press or well deserved?

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
wow, that comparison doesn't seem fair...caberete has more aggressive pros than sosua ?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Perhaps this impression should be tempered with the fantastic wind surfing and kite surfing available there. Or the really joyous party atmosphere that seems to penetrate each and every corner.
It is a real tourist town. Just a wide spot in the road not so many years ago, it is now totally dedicated to having sun and fun.

Perhaps the article is dedicated to those that are looking for quick and easy sex??/

Certainly not a fair picture of that place..

HB

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I just contacted Frommers, They say that is how they see it and aren't willing to review it.

LOL :)

But seriously, Cabarete has maybe 1/10th the number of prostitutes as Sosua, and they are far less aggressive...

Anythying Ive ever read about Cabarete has only focised on the beach, the "European Flair", and of course the kite and windsurfing. I think they will soon start talking about the traffic, the luxury condos, and a strip of sometimes excellent, and at the right times, inexpensive beachfront restaurants.

lilredrooster

Aug 12, 2006
Cabarete has rep of kite, surf, whatever, but per capita, has, in my opinion as many of the ladies as Sosua, easily. Good or bad. Lots of stories out of both places. It's all the DR. Love it, like it, hate it, feel it, lose it, experience it!

Status
Not open for further replies.