Catholic church location in POP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn W

Sep 3, 2006
Firstly, a merry christmas to everyone and all the very best for the forthcoming new year.

Last time I was in POP I attended mass on Sunday morning, it's something which I would like to do again on my forthcoming visit. Only problem being, I can't remember where the church was!

I vaguely remember it being on the edge of a square, and if memory serves me right, I think there was some kind of display about Dominican history being exibited.

Does this sound familiar to anyone, if so, what's the name of the church and the square?

Also, does a bus stop on the highway outside Playa Dorada that goes to Sosua?

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
It's the church adjacent to Central Park (Parque Central) in Puerto Plata. If you want to take public transportationto the church from in front of Playa Dorada, take the "B" guagua for 10 pesos/person or any of the publicos taxis for 20 pesos/person.

For a bus to Sosua, take the "Puerto Plata-Rio San Juan" guagua. Cost is 20 pesos/person to Sosua. Run every 15 minutes until 8:00 PM, 7 days/week.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Thanks for that.

By the way, would the bus stop close to Central Park?

The "B" guagua, which I mentioned goes right past the church. The "A" passes a few blocks away, and the "C" doesn't come close. Just look for the sign in the windshield of the guagua (mini-bus).

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
guagua rio san juan - puerto plata has the last stop on the cathedral square.
don't worry about bus stops, buses and guaguas stop wherever you want!

Status
Not open for further replies.