Munne Cocoa?

jjones2

Dec 26, 2006
Hi all,

I registered for dr1 just to ask this question, so any help would be appreciated. My sister just returned from DR and she raved about a cocoa drink called Munne. It has a red top, yellow label and a picture of a cup of cocoa on the front. Her birthday is in January and I'd really like to give her a few jars (?) of this mix.

I have searched every imaginable site in the internet trying to find this stuff to no avail. I am sure it's something you just buy in the grocery store, but haven't been able to find anyone who will sell it to me and ship to California.

Any help / guidance / sites / contacts would be sincerely appreciated. THANKS!!!

Jon

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It is one of the main brands of drinking chocolate in the DR. Munn? is the same family that owns Xocolat, shops selling gourmet, Belgian style chocolates.

This is their address and phone number, but no site or e-mail address: Munn? & Co, Cxa M G?mez 109, Santo Domingo (809) 565-2131

Hope this helps.

jjones2

Dec 26, 2006
Thanks, I'll try giving them a call. I'm sure they will just tell me to go buy it in the store, which I would if I wasn't in the U.S. The problem is it's really easy to get in DR, but that doesn't help get it out here.

Anybody know of a store that's willing to ship?

Thanks.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Wow-- people drink Hot Chocolate in the DR?? I guess temperture is all relative! jajaja

Hot chocolate? definitely for breakfast... with mangu, red onions, fried cheese & fried salami. Some fried eggs, too, if you're really hungry.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I put a half tablespoon of unsweetened Munn? cocoa in my coffee and add a bit of sugar.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
LOL - this is a coincidence - I lived in the DR for two years and never thought about hot chocolate - ever!

One of my Christmas presents from my brother this year was a package of Organic Fairtrade Shade-Grown Hot Chocolate made by the Creemore Coffee Company (made in Creemore, Ont. which I have never heard of either!) It states that is "100% organic hot chocolate featuring high quality hispanola cocoa grown under a shade tree forest in the Dominican Republic" The company also states that its cocoa is certified "Fair Trade" by Transfair Canada which promotes equal trading partnerships with small cocoa farmers in developing countries!

Anyway, it is excellent - and you do not need to add much to your hot water - wonderful taste and wonderful aroma!

Marlie