Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

V

Vanessa

Hi, I was hoping somebody could help me.....

Im going to Punta Cana in May, but will be flying into Santo Domingo...I was hoping to get an earlier flight, but the only one available arrives Santo Domingo at 10pm....

Can someone tell me if the public buses still run that late at night...and if that would be a safe way to travel by myself.

And if not what the aproximate cost of a taxi would be and/or any other suggestions....

I have been to Punta Cana many times but have never flown in this way....any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

J

john FRANKLIN

Best bet is to stay in a cheap hotel in Boca Chica, then travel by taxi to Punta Cana the next day, travel time is 2:30 to 3 hours. The road is quite diffucult at night. Expect to pay +/- 50 USD for the hotel and +/- 100 USD for the taxi. I don't know the price for a taxi to Boca Chica from the Airport but would expect about 20USD.

V

Vanessa

Thanks so much for your help.

This seems to be best way, as I was speaking with Chris form "Trippers" a tour transportation company, and he recomended the same.

Thanks again

Vanessa

T

tony

You could stay at the Costalunga in Boca Chica for 1 night, its only $30 for a nice room. The taxi from Santo Domingo should only be about $10. The next morning, you can walk to the bus stop and take the bus to Higuey. The bus stop is along the highway near the gas station. You will see a bunch of guys on motorbikes. Once you get to Higuey, you will change buses for Punta Cana. I did this exact same thing in January. The total travel time was 3 hours and the cost was less than $5. I had to wait 15 minutes for the bus to Higuey to arrive at Boca Chica.

The only bad thing about my journey was that when I got on the bus to Higuey, there were no seats available. I had to stand for about 15 minutes until someone got off. Its possible that you could wind up standing for the whole 2 hour trip (very undesirable).

Here's how you get to the bus stop from Costalunga: go out the front door, turn right, and walk to the corner. Cross the street, turn left and walk up to the highway. You will see a Burger King and gas station. You just stand on the side of the road and wait for the bus. There is a big sign in the windshield that says where the bus is headed.