mini-fiesta@checkpoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

lulu

Jan 14, 2005
Hola fellow DR lovers.
A few of us were thinking about having a "get together" at the Checkpoint. During the week of Feb 21-28. So far it will be me Kelba/lulu and a few of my friends. Ms. Piggy and her husband. And I think Phil will be there as well. Anyone interested??? We had one before at Rockys and had a great time. It's nice to meet up with the people on this site.

JenRob

Mar 27, 2006
We're In!

Me_Again and I are arriving in Sosua Feb 20 and staying for a few days before travelling on. We are bringing a couple of newbies to the DR so what an intro to Sosua fun!

lulu

Jan 14, 2005
Sounds great. I also have it posted on Debbies dominican forum. The owners of the Checkpoint will add seating. Do you have a date in mind? Most of us are open. Let me know. Check out the thread on Debbies in tHe north coast.

lulu

Jan 14, 2005
Checkpoint

I'm not really sure what the checkpoint looks like. But, I know that the owner Colleen emailed me and is willing to make accomodations. Why dont we meet there for a few drinks and if by chance it turns out to be a blast and lots show up we can all move to another location. Let just give it a shot.
I was at Rocky's once before and it's a GREAT place!!!! Maybe we could end up there. We're on Vacation we'll play it by ear. We should set a date soon. If you want to read the thread on Debbies it's in the North Coast section of the forum. I will be a ball if we can get a load of people to come. They really are fun.

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
Checkpoint= Lots of guys in cammos toting M16's + looking in your car/purse for illegal drugs/Hatians/guns.ect...

What a name for a place..Whatever it is....

JRSYCOLL

Mar 10, 2003
Darn.......

:ermm: Figures.......my husband and I will be in the DR Apr 30 to May 9. I would've loved to meet everyone that has responded to my posts and helped me in so many ways.
We had the opportunity to meet Colleen last year at Checkpoint and we had a really great eve. ( jus' hangin)
I'll keep my eyes open for any other reunions that we can crash...
Have a great time everyone..have one for me ;)

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Checkpoint= Lots of guys in cammos toting M16's + looking in your car/purse for illegal drugs/Hatians/guns.ect...

It actually does looks like a toll booth!
Nice folks, but not the warmest atmosphere to drink in the middle of plaza.
They should move into the old Debbie's Pies if that has not been re-rented yet?
Better moto concho smoke at that end!

lulu

Jan 14, 2005

what do you mean by this? I dont understand.

lulu

Jan 14, 2005
If anyone is interested on this site. There will be a few of us meeting at the Checkpoint on Thursday FEb 22. WE dont have the time yet but please join us if your looking to meet other members from this forum and Debbies' forum. It should be fun. IT has been in the past.

lulu

Jan 14, 2005
Barhanna
whatdo you mean by MOnday? The Monday before or after? If it's before come and join us. We haven't picked a time yet. But probably early evening.

Sosua Gal

Jul 7, 2005
checkpointsosua.spaces.live.com
Hello everyone!
Wow- when we took over Checkpoint Pub, (not the name we'd have chosen for a "Canadian" Bar), we never dreamed we'd accommodate so many people at our bar, especially during special events. We hosted between 70-90 people at our last Sosua Kids fundraiser, and 60 at a Bon Voyage party last week. There was room for everyone. We have tables out for special events and it's amazing how they fit. We may be "small" but we are friendly and try our best to accommodate everyone.
Most people like the breeze that comes through our end of the Plaza, and we are a ?kiosk? bar, but I can?t remember anyone likening us to a toll booth before! Nice for a chuckle.
See you soon, Lulu and everyone else!

lulu

Jan 14, 2005
thanks colleen for accomodating us. Well we wont be 59-70 people but.. We will still be there to have some fun. The date has been confirmed.
Thursday, feb 22 @ 4pm. At the CHECKPOINT. There will be 10-15 people. Anyone wishing to join us come ahead. It's so nice to put faces behind the names on these forums. See you there kelly

Sosua Gal

Jul 7, 2005
checkpointsosua.spaces.live.com
Hey Lulu!
We will be looking forward to seeing all of you.
I don't know where some of these comments have come from but we do have a very warm atmosphere, and whatever one person meant (Checkpoint= Lots of guys in cammos toting M16's + looking in your car/purse for illegal drugs/Hatians/guns.ect...) must be on another planet. Methinks they are comparing the name to something else and maybe even was making a joke???

Regardless, our guests always feel welcome, and we try and make all of them feel special. So welcome you we will!

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Hey Lulu!
We will be looking forward to seeing all of you.
I don't know where some of these comments have come from but we do have a very warm atmosphere, and whatever one person meant (Checkpoint= Lots of guys in cammos toting M16's + looking in your car/purse for illegal drugs/Hatians/guns.ect...) must be on another planet. Methinks they are comparing the name to something else and maybe even was making a joke???

Regardless, our guests always feel welcome, and we try and make all of them feel special. So welcome you we will!

I agree Colleen some of these nutty comments are from people that dont even know your bar or the DR. Its a tribute to you and Mark and your great service that most of the residents here regularly eat/drink at the Checkpoint.
Thanks for my delicious lunch today - the best meatloaf Ive ever tasted, the price was great too.

Barbara

Status
Not open for further replies.