Dominican Republic's "CRIME WAVE", Strikes Close To Home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Last Tuesday morning at 9 am., the 62 year old,disabled man who owns the "Money Exchange Business" near my home,where I have been changing money for many years,was shot and killed by a group of 4 "PUNKS"! He was shot in a "botched" robbery attempt,as he was entering his place-of-business.They shot him,and ran! They got as far as the "Policia National" roadblock in front of my "Neighborhood.(My next-door-neighbor is a General in the "Policia National", so we have lots of "police presence" in this area! Two of the "Punks" bolted,aaand a gun battle ensued. At least one of the "punks" was killed. "Yeah! for "Our Side"! and the others were captured. The one killed was 17 years old. His mother must be sooooooo proud! Lord knows who his "father" is,cause he didn't!
That same day,3 "punks" who robbed a "Comprs Venta" (Pawn Shop) in San Francisco de Marcoris were shot and killed in a gun battle with police. "3" more points for the "Good Guys"!
That same day in Santo Domingo,a group of "Vecinos" beat a guy nearly to death,and were in the process of "Hanging" him,when the police arrived! "Poor Man"! After all,"ALL" he did was stab his girlfriend to death nwith a 12 inch "Butcher's Knife"!
And,108 Dominicans were Repatriated to the DR after serving prison sentences in the USA. Brings the number to over 6,000 in the last year.
I'm sure that now that they are back in the DR they will not continue with a "Life-Of-Crime"!:rolleyes:
Happy "CRIME YEAR" Everyone!!!!!
"Cris Colooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon!"

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
What a sad story, the young punks gang up on disabled folk who just can't fight back. They recently "colleen" slashed a young Dominican friend who has only one arm & one leg, to get his meagre beggings.....It is good to hear that some are being "retired".....Canadian bob.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
No Froggy, I've been up for a long time and read this post when it was posted.

You're an intelligent person - surely you can see the difference between one thread of yours deleted some months ago, and this one?. And secondly, surely you can stop whining about a thread deleted months ago?. And thirdly, surely you can see the issue here that touches all of us, namely the effect of the 6,000 more or less repatriations?.

Anyway, if you want to talk more about it, I wait for your pm.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Double Standards

... you can see the issue here that touches all of us, namely the effect of the 6,000 more or less repatriations?
The issue of crime does certainly touch all of us.
Some sooner, some later.
So I fail to see the logic why some reports about heinous crimes are deleted whereas others are not.
Why should the cold blooded murder of a motoconcho (whose moped attracted the perpetrator) be of less importance than the killing of a cambista...?

Oh, I see, some DR1-member used to exchange money there.
On the other hand could I not have used that very motoconcho boy sometimes or even know his family?

The number of deportees can be linked to any given crime, petty or severe as it may be, and its mere mentioning is little justification to qualify a post.

BTW, the number given (6,000 for 2006 ?) seems to be grossly false, according to several reports there were 3,514.

mountainfrog

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The one commonality that I see in both threads is the senselessness of the acts. Vanessa Ram?rez Fana was an 18 year old med student on the way into her house, for God's Sake!! The disabled begger, the motoconcho boy or the cambista....all for pennies...all senseless....

Personally, I don't give a rat's butt about the police taking out a few in "exchanges of fire" and most people do not cry for those victims. Excesses, yes, like the Bonao case, are, in reality, the result of all the other crimes committed. It is almost a case of "kill them all and let God sort them out.," which sad to say is going to be the theme of police actions for a long while to come....

HB

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Snakes in Paradise

... the senselessness of the acts....
Exactly.
And it's this lunacy that residents and visitors need to know about.
The treshold of killing somebody may be equally low or even lower in other countries but those are normally not considered a holiday 'paradise'.
It's true that if you know the danger you can act accordingly and thus reduce the chance of becoming a victim.
This is indeed a beautiful country and a paradise it could be... but alas there was the apple and the snake.

m'frog

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Crime as it happens here daily and does so worldwide...
No DR1-member personally affected.
And not deleted yet?
Strange...

m'frog

That's the best you can come up with?

Of course he was affected, it was in his neighborhood and somebody he knew.

Yes, crime is here like every other country on the planet.

Nothing more to debate or pull apart here.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.