Hockey Night in the DR

P

Paul and Paula

Does anyone know where we can catch an Ottawa Senators game via satellite while we vacation at the RIU Merengue in POP from Mar.27 - Apr.4? Our resort has satellite TV but we don't know if this means we can watch hockey games from Canada or not. THX, Paul

J

Jack Wampler

Paul, My wife and I will be attending the March 30th game of the Senators vs the Tampa Bay Lightening here in Tampa. The way the Lightening is playing you won't need to watch the game. It's a good bet the Senators will win. I'll let you know.

ESPN and NHL carry most games. Im not sure where you will be in the DR but there are many sports bars with excellent coverage. On the north Coast try Fast Eddie's in Sosua. Excellent sports coverage.

T

trina

I agree with Jack. There is no place along the coast like Eddy's in Sosua. Take a guagua to Puerto Plata from the Riu, then another at the Parada L'opital (spelling???) to Sosua. All together, the ride may cost $2.00 Cdn.

D

Dan in the D.R

If hockey is what you want? Then come to Anna's Bar & Grill in Puerto Plata. I'm a Canadien from Toronto and I watch hockey every night. We have the Hockey package and get every game. We also have great food, from imported Pastrami to Black angus Rib-eye steaks. Come on down and ask for Dan or Eddy. Anna's Bar & Grill - Avenida Colon #6 586-8406

J

Jack Wampler

Dan, Do you also have NFL TV coverage and other sports bar coverage? Sounds like a great place to go. I'll have to check it out next time we are in the DR. Please let me know. Thanks Jack

D

Dan in the D.R

Yes we do Jack! During the football season we have the NFL package and get up to 12 games. So you can come down and enjoy your favorite teams. Also upstairs from us, if your a betting man they have a local sports book, were you can bet on the games. Hope to see you in your next visit. Dan

J

Jack Wampler

Dan, That is terrific news (having the NFL package and hockey too). You can bet (no pun intended) that I will make a special point to stop by and see your bar and restaurant next time. During the past Christmas holidays our beloved Tampa Bay Bucs football team were in the playoffs. We were staying at the closed Eden Bay Resort where we own some villas near Rio San Juan and Cabrera. Believe me, we tried hard to find a place to watch the Bucs game but couldn't find anyone who carried the NFL package. So we settled for the bookie betting place in Cabrerra and watched the written news of the game come across the sports channel ESPN. The bright spot of all of this was Im sure I converted some of the locals there to becoming Bucs fans. Turned out to be a lot of fun. Go Bucs!!!!!!!!! Jack

J

Jack Wampler

Lightening 6, Ottawa 3

Paul, Paula, and Dan What a game it was. The Senators outshot us by about double. But we had terrific goal coverage by our goalee and good blocking throughout the game. One thing that hurt Ottawa was your best shooter was sidelined due to injuries. Our new Lightening players are young, fast and very aggressive. It was terrific (for us-that is). I believe you (Ottawa) are number 6 in the Eastern Conference so I think you'll be in the playoffs. Sunday night our Lightening plays New Jersey-number 1 in the Eastern Conference. Let me know what you thought of the game. The only time I got mad was when we had a 5 on 3 Power play and couldn't get it in. Jack