Expand the Carnaval throughout the country?

hatuey13

Jul 7, 2006
www.myspace.com
Do u guys imagine having similar La Vega Carnavals in other provinces???it would be great....
i really do thing we should help out y brindarles apoyo to those other provinces...dejar que se sienta nuestra cultura all over the country.....no dejar caer nuestras tradiciones....el carnaval no es solo vegano..o de la capital..sino de todo el pais......last year i heard that the La Romana carnaval was amazing.....because lots of people from other provinces estuvieron apoyando.....our smaller provinces definately need apoyo......nosotros los dominicanos debemos primero apoyarnos...organizarnos para lograr que nuestro carnaval llegue a niveles internacionales...como el de Brazil...que opina mi gente?????

mfebs

Jul 26, 2006
It would be great if the carnaval became better known in other nations such as the ones in Brazil and Trinidad. Lamentablemente without the tourist boards' push for this to happen it sadly never will.

hatuey13

Jul 7, 2006
www.myspace.com
i actually know some tourists that travel every year to our carnaval...they love it...i think in the future u'll see our carnaval being promoted to a level where not only us dominicans abroad will assist....let see what happens.....

Aug 19, 2004
I was under the impression that other regions of the Dominican Republic had there own carnivals already - but with different costumes/traditions - for example Monti Cristi. It is important to maintain and develop the wide variety of customs and traditions found across the country. Carnival in the DR is more than just La Vega.

hatuey13

Jul 7, 2006
www.myspace.com
i know every locality has their own carnival.......but it would be nice to see people from other provinces supporting them...i guess....every province should promote their carnivals.......it's an amazing experience to go to another province....to one u maybe never heard of or been too.....i remember the first time i went to La Vega....great..fabulous.....but now i want to go to another carnival....i want to go to........Azua.....who knows if their carnival is great...but if we give them support by going..it might turn to be a success.....every governor or sindico should promote theri carnivals throughout the country to be able to make it a success...or somehow convince their own people to assist and enjoy.......hay que apoyar a la cultura dominicana!

Last edited:

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
i know every locality has their own carnival.......but it would be nice to see people from other provinces supporting them...i guess....every province should promote their carnivals.......it's an amazing experience to go to another province....to one u maybe never heard of or been too.....i remember the first time i went to La Vega....great..fabulous.....but now i want to go to another carnival....i want to go to........Azua.....who knows if their carnival is great...but if we give them support by going..it might turn to be a success.....every governor or sindico should promote theri carnivals throughout the country to be able to make it a success...or somehow convince their own people to assist and enjoy.......hay que apoyar a la cultura dominicana!

Estoy de acuerdo con 'el caciquito'. Sin embargo estas iniciativas requieren apoyo oficial, a trav?s de las gobernaciones, ayuntamientos, o la secretar?a de cultura...

hatuey13

Jul 7, 2006
www.myspace.com
es cierto que se necesita ayuda de las autoridades..pero cuando se quiere se puede....veo que muchas instituciones buscan ayudas...fondos...hace recolectas...la gente que se tire a la calle y que vean que realmente es por una causa cultural lo cual ellos mismo podrian disfrutar......que haya una organizacion transparente donde lo cual se puedan organizar actividades para la mejora de nuestro carnaval......las entidades.....negocios.....nosotros todos podemos aportar alguito.....