I need help with videos

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Can some one please point me in the right direction to be able to view videos on my computer? There have been some interesting videos posted that I would like to watch and can't. The videos will load but stop running after 2 or 3 seconds. This happens with all types of videos. Obviously I am missing a program which allows me to watch them.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Can some one please point me in the right direction to be able to view videos on my computer? There have been some interesting videos posted that I would like to watch and can't. The videos will load but stop running after 2 or 3 seconds. This happens with all types of videos. Obviously I am missing a program which allows me to watch them.
I assume you are using Windows Media Player and that it is damaged, for it to play for 2 or 3 seconds then stop.
You could try updating it, or try another player, like Real Player or Quick Time.
If you need any of the above, send me a PM and I'll hook you up.

PS: If you're streaming them it could be your internet connection, so try right clicking, and "save as", then watch it from your own hard drive. If that does not work either, it must be the player.

azabache

Apr 25, 2006
I was having trouble viewing videos, viewing pics in email and also java problems. All of these problems disappeared when I downloaded and installed the Firefox browser and stopped using the Windows Internet Explorer browser.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
your internet connection is slow. It buffers up the video and then plays it and then stops to buffer it up more and then play another 5 seconds. You have 2 options.
1. when the video is playing, press the pause button and let the video get downloaded for a while and then click the play button. Now you can watch a good length of video before it stops again if the video buffer runs out so you do the same trick again till the whole video is downloaded and then play the remaining portion. I assume you have 256K internet flash.
Option # 2: upgrade your internet service to 768Kbs and now you will eliminate almost all of your video stopping problems.
AZB

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Thanks guys;I knew I could count on people with computer savy here on DR1.
I will try some of these suggestions this weekend when I have the time to get impatient with myself for not knowing this stuff. I can't wait to see the video of the motorcycle trips.

peach

Jan 24, 2007
I was having trouble viewing videos, viewing pics in email and also java problems. All of these problems disappeared when I downloaded and installed the Firefox browser and stopped using the Windows Internet Explorer browser.

That is what happened to me as well.