Does anybody know Paraiso Tropical?

Status
Not open for further replies.

margb

Jan 24, 2007
We are going in few days to this hotel near Cabarete and there is very limited information on the Internet about this place. I would like to know few details like access to the Internet, laundry facilities, beach towels, etc.

no1devilsfan

Jan 21, 2007
Paraiso Tropical

Paraiso Tropical is about 4 km from downtown Cabarete. There are no phones in the rooms, so bringing a laptop is not a good idea. There are however 3 or 4 stores in the area that have internet access for about 2 pesos per minute. You can get some cellular access in the area, but it is about $3.00 per minute. There is also a phone at the front of the hotel where you can use a calling card. You won't miss having a phone while you are there, I assure you.

As far as the hotel is concerned, the resort and the rooms are clean, and the food has really improved (I was there in April 2006 and October 2006 - will be going back in April 2007 for 2 weeks). The hotel has recently changed owners, and I think this is where some of the major improvements have been made.

The pools are clean and the resort does supply towels - mind not to lose them - they are $20 U.S. to replace them. The resort is small (about 170 rooms - much better than the 900 room resorts).

The staff there are wonderful, and many of them speak some English (if only a little). Treat them as you would like to be treated. As well, if you learn a few words in Spanish before you go, it is a good idea. It is a real "ice-breaker" with the staff there.

The animation team are very attentive, and very nice.

If you are looking for souveniers, there are a couple of stores in the area that have a nice selection. They are no more expensive than Cabarete, so if you are not brave enough to venture out, you can "wheel and deal" with the Vendors to get a better price.

The beach is very beautiful, but be extremely cautious if you are going in the water - the undertow is VERY stong. This is not a place where you can swim freely, as this area is very well known for kiteboarding and surfing. Avoid the beach Vendors - their goods are WAY over-priced.

There is a tour operator in the area (Freddy's Tours), and while I have not used them, I hear they are good. Also, there is a German lady from a nearby ranch that goes to the resort to sell horseback riding trips - she is legit, and the guide that I had was very courteous and professional.

There is also a bar very close to the hotel where you can go to have a few drinks and play some pool. The atmosphere there is great.

Hope this helps.

P.S. If you meet Orlando at reception, tell him Patricia says hello. :)

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Bring your laptop & venture out.

There are several beach front bars & restaurants in the center of Cabarete with free wifi & good connection speeds - only a 5 minute cab ride from your hotel.

What could be better? Order a drink, keep one eye on the sand/sun and surf the internet with the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.