Study: Immigrants? skin tone affects earnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
For those of you who have migrated to the U.S. or are thinking about migrating to the U.S. or know some one who is thinking about doing that, keep this in mind!

"Light-skinned immigrants in the United States make more money on average than those with darker complexions, and the chief reason appears to be discrimination, a researcher says."

"On average, being one shade lighter has about the same effect as having an additional year of education," Hersch said.

"The study also found that taller immigrants earn more than shorter ones, with an extra inch of height associated with a 1 percent increase in income."

The land of equality and opportunity seems to not be equal or offer the same opportunities as it proclaims! Read more about this here:

Study: Immigrants? skin tone affects earnings

-NALs

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Nal's, the rules in the other forums apply here as well and you should know better then to go in that direction.

Your reasoning for stating, "The land of equality and opportunity seems to not be equal or offer the same opportunities as it proclaims!", appears to be an attempt to start an arguement. This forum is not the place for that either.

As a Dominican has no chance of lightening their skin tone nor making themselves taller then that which they are then your link serves no purpose other then to convey what an individual has determined is the truth in his mind.

As we have a lot of Dominicans living in the US I will allow your thread and link to stay so that those that may be interested may read it BUT the thread is CLOSED.

This is being done because I know where it will go. Not on my watch!!

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.