Kosher Food

E

Evelyn

Do you know if there is a kosher food store or restaurant in Santo Domingo?

Please, let me know. I have a Jewish Friend that is planing a trip to DR.

Thanks,

Evelyn

D

DR1

Bagel n' More. Fantino Falco between Lope de Vega and Tiradentes streets (near Body Shop gym) or Plaza Universitaria (Av. Sarasota).

E

ECH, M.D.

Dolores I am very familiar with the little shop and I don't even think it is "Kosher Style" let alone Kosher. There is a difference between the two you know. I shall make some inquiries.

W

William Leslie

Dr. ECH I beleive is correct in his belief that it is not Kosher or even Kosher style. THEY DO HOWEVER have fantastic bagels. I beleive they were bringing the dough from New York frozen and cooking it here to order unless it has changed. Take a dozen home and just the smell makes the mouth water. And of coarse you can have them with 1/2 inch thick cream cheese on them.

E

ECH, M.D.

Afraid I have struck out. I can not even find a Kosher style restaurant or market let alone a Kosher one. However, I have been "told" there is a Kosher market "somewhere" in the city but no one seems to know where. I think there is a significant Jewish community in the Sosoua area, but that is on the other side of the island from Santo Domingo so, probably no help there. Sorry. ECH

E

Evelyn

Thanks for all your help. I think my friend will have to live on fruits and Presidente.

Take care and thanks,

Evelyn