rep ireland consulate?

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
anybody know if there is a rep ireland consulate in sto domg now?
saw in the guinness in dr thread someone mention one but i googled the irish consulates in the caribbean and drew a blank.
asked mendez from the british embassy and he couldent tell me either.
anybody out there got any info?

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
no irish consulate in sto dgo.

if you need consular help, you are supposed to contact consular section directly: 69-71 st. stephen's green, dublin 2.

not much use if you are in the clink again, but if you are, you should phone 353 1 408 2308.

i was wrong about the 'colour', the tattooes......but you just had to be friggin' irish, didn't you. the man u bit should have given it away.
they probably arrested you, because when you're drunk, nobody could understand a bloody word you say.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
no irish consulate in sto dgo.

if you need consular help, you are supposed to contact consular section directly: 69-71 st. stephen's green, dublin 2.

not much use if you are in the clink again, but if you are, you should phone 353 1 408 2308.

i was wrong about the 'colour', the tattooes......but you just had to be friggin' irish, didn't you. the man u bit should have given it away.
they probably arrested you, because when you're drunk, nobody could understand a bloody word you say.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You don't change bochinche, do you? Actually I'm of friggin' Irish heritage as well, just had the sense to move here with a British passport.

Doesn't Ireland have a reciprocal agreement with Mongolia for diplomatic representation in DR?

flick

Oct 28, 2006
the dept. of foregin affairs in dublin say no consulate in DR, use the one in NY tel 00 1 2123192555 , hope this helps

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
gur a mile maith agut.......

the dept. of foregin affairs in dublin say no consulate in DR, use the one in NY tel 00 1 2123192555 , hope this helps
many thanks for the helpfull posts.
been in touch with the consulate in mexico.the lady there said she would be sending me info on monday.heard things in mexico ofton work like here with a touch of mananaitis.so i shall post again if/when all comes good.

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
sometimes i HATE being right!

as promised,im posting how things are going with my correspondance with the irish consulate in mexico.
was informed wed of last week that the information i require was posted to the british embassy in p.plata said day, and should arrive here no later than mon of this week.
well lo and behold i am still waiting!LOL,mexicans AND dominicans on the case!
gonna give it until fri and then take the foreign affairs route which was posted in this thread.
though if i want to "slow roll"someone on something i will take the mexican route.now i know and now anybody needing assistance knows GO THE DUBLIN ROUTE!thanks to all for the advice.:disappoin

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Whereas I agree that it might well have been (& might still be) best to go the Dublin route, don't give up on the Mexican & Dominican system just yet.

It would be most uncommon for a Consulate (especially in countries where the postal systems are so unreliable) to entrust letters & documents to the national postal system. FedEx, UPS etc are normally preferred OR the faithful old "Diplomatic Bag". It might be worth asking then question of the Mexican Irish Consulate which system they used & get a tracking number - you can then track it on internet!! Going by Diplomatic bag, you could check with British Consulate in Santo Domingo (speak to Vianela) if it has been received & forwarded to Mendez here in Puerto Plata!! If you do it by e-mail AND ask for an automatic response of delivery/acceptance, so much the better because you then will have a written record of your communication!!

7 days (5 working? days) seems unlikely as a delivery period from Mexico to Republica Dominicana by anything other than FedEx or Diplomatic Bag!!! ~ Grahame.

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
me still waiting.......

Whereas I agree that it might well have been (& might still be) best to go the Dublin route, don't give up on the Mexican & Dominican system just yet.

It would be most uncommon for a Consulate (especially in countries where the postal systems are so unreliable) to entrust letters & documents to the national postal system. FedEx, UPS etc are normally preferred OR the faithful old "Diplomatic Bag". It might be worth asking then question of the Mexican Irish Consulate which system they used & get a tracking number - you can then track it on internet!! Going by Diplomatic bag, you could check with British Consulate in Santo Domingo (speak to Vianela) if it has been received & forwarded to Mendez here in Puerto Plata!! If you do it by e-mail AND ask for an automatic response of delivery/acceptance, so much the better because you then will have a written record of your communication!!

7 days (5 working? days) seems unlikely as a delivery period from Mexico to Republica Dominicana by anything other than FedEx or Diplomatic Bag!!! ~ Grahame.
thanks again for the advice.spoke to folks in mex last wed and they told me papers were"in the post" (courier bag).
will call again today just to make sure the "pigeon"dident get lost in last nights storm.

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
the pigeon has landed.......

papers arrived yesterday.all have been filled in and i have been guarenteed,no less,that i will have a reply within 8 working days.
its not fast dealing with these guys but i do hope its sure at the very least.

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
POR FIN!(finally)

henretta in mexico finally came good for me,God bless her.little slow,but sure and kept me updated via phone along the way.
anyone else requiring her assistance can contact her on 011-5255-5520-5803 ext 2207.
must give thanks to snr mendez in the British consulate and Dolores down in Sto.domg who graciously acted as a go between for me.
many thanks also to all posters who took the time to offer their advice.gur a mile maith agut(gaelic:a thousand thank yous:chinese: )